2 part solution

ychan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to know when is the best time to add 2 part solution. After light out or on? Thanks

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i dose myself by hand i usually do right when the lights come on and right before they go off. That way its easier to remember and you dont have to worry about mixing the two

OP
OP
Y

ychan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i dose myself by hand i usually do right when the lights come on and right before they go off. That way its easier to remember and you dont have to worry about mixing the two

Do you mean: dose part A when the light come on and part B right before they go off. Will dosing part A and B with such a long duration in between affect the Alkalinity and Ca level stability?

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose both of them right after the lights are on, preferably a minute or two apart. Been dosing this way for years with success. I don't like dosing anything when the lights aren't on, fwiw.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself always dose everything at night. I turn off all pumps, and put trace elements in my fuge/return sections. On the other hand, I dose ca/alk/mag at night OR during the day, it really makes no difference IMO. I like to let the corals absorb some of the trace elements when they do their feeding at night.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back