2 year Birthday

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was 2 years ago today that I first put water in my tank.
IMG_0001_4.JPG
I have made a lot of modifications I'm the way I Reef in the last two years. But thanks to Reef 2 reef and BRS I would consider my tank to be a successful Reef now. Here is the tank today.
20190525_115813.jpg

I really should have had started a build thread. I just don't know if people would have been interested and what I've done. I am going to go back and try to find some pictures of my corals when I got them and then post side by sides with how they currently are.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it was 2 years ago today that I first put water in my tank.[...] I have made a lot of modifications I'm the way I Reef in the last two years. But thanks to Reef 2 reef and BRS I would consider my tank to be a successful Reef now.

Looks great! Happy anniversary to you and your tank!!!

I really should have had started a build thread. I just don't know if people would have been interested and what I've done. I am going to go back and try to find some pictures of my corals when I got them and then post side by sides with how they currently are.

It's not too late - we would still like to here about the evolution of your tank and what you learned along the way!
_

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to buy the 61" aquaticlife hybrid fixture, and would love to copy your hanging shelf mount you employed. Can you send me a link of the shelving bracket and/or more pics of how you did it?

OP
OP
rcpalmer1

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to buy the 61" aquaticlife hybrid fixture, and would love to copy your hanging shelf mount you employed. Can you send me a link of the shelving bracket and/or more pics of how you did it?
I can send some pictures but the bracket was easy. I took a piece of 1 1/2 angles iron across the back. I welded two pieces of 1 1/4 angle iron coming out. I have built two. One I used two smaller lag bolts on each stud the other one larger. The two smaller work better. The lights are on now so it would be hard to get a good picture. I will try to find an old one or take some in the morning.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can send some pictures but the bracket was easy. I took a piece of 1 1/2 angles iron across the back. I welded two pieces of 1 1/4 angle iron coming out. I have built two. One I used two smaller lag bolts on each stud the other one larger. The two smaller work better. The lights are on now so it would be hard to get a good picture. I will try to find an old one or take some in the morning.
Thanks. If I don't want to weld anything (due to not wanting to buy the tools), simpler alternative?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back