~ 2 yr tank pics

username

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well started the tank about 2 yrs ago and figured i would post some pics here for all to see. The tank is a 220g 8x2x20" tank lit by 120 3w cree leds, swc 300 skimmer powered by bb5000 pump. 5 X mag8 ph's for flow controlled via apex on osc coding. For the first year i went with no water change to see the effect on coral growth and color, since then i have done water changes when i get a chance to do it, not very often. ok enough blabbing here are the pics.

12-28-2011

8-18-2012 first water change done

10-18-2013 these pics snapped with my galaxy s3 phone

OP
OP
U

username

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, i have neglected the tang horribly in the last 6 months, lost a few pieces from high nitrates and a freak heat wave we had where the tank hit 83-84 for over a week while i was out of town. getting everything back in order now, growth has resumed too. most everything in the tank is ORA and the big green cap is a Leng Si Cap. the big green slimer gets the tops broke off weekly due to it growing out of the water. I have a pink and green poccilopora that has spwan numerous times in the tank too. there are times were i go over a month without doing anything more than feeding and no nutrient level checks, have a busy life.

IBEW41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice growth what is your mix of LEDs and what drivers are you using?

OP
OP
U

username

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx. Its all about consitency. My carx keeps my levels spot on for months on end. I can only imagine the growth had I don't water changes the first year. Still need to add anothe 60 leds to the mix as the edges of the tank have very few leds over them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back