~ 2 yr tank pics

username

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well started the tank about 2 yrs ago and figured i would post some pics here for all to see. The tank is a 220g 8x2x20" tank lit by 120 3w cree leds, swc 300 skimmer powered by bb5000 pump. 5 X mag8 ph's for flow controlled via apex on osc coding. For the first year i went with no water change to see the effect on coral growth and color, since then i have done water changes when i get a chance to do it, not very often. ok enough blabbing here are the pics.

12-28-2011

8-18-2012 first water change done

10-18-2013 these pics snapped with my galaxy s3 phone

OP
OP
U

username

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, i have neglected the tang horribly in the last 6 months, lost a few pieces from high nitrates and a freak heat wave we had where the tank hit 83-84 for over a week while i was out of town. getting everything back in order now, growth has resumed too. most everything in the tank is ORA and the big green cap is a Leng Si Cap. the big green slimer gets the tops broke off weekly due to it growing out of the water. I have a pink and green poccilopora that has spwan numerous times in the tank too. there are times were i go over a month without doing anything more than feeding and no nutrient level checks, have a busy life.

IBEW41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice growth what is your mix of LEDs and what drivers are you using?

OP
OP
U

username

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx. Its all about consitency. My carx keeps my levels spot on for months on end. I can only imagine the growth had I don't water changes the first year. Still need to add anothe 60 leds to the mix as the edges of the tank have very few leds over them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back