20 gallon long live stock

Jjhaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have started a 20 gallon long salt water aquarium. I currently have 16 lbs of rock 20lbs of live sand and 2 ocellaris own fish. I’m thinking of adding 1 tail spot blenny 1 watchman golly and 1 six line wrasse. Along with a clean up crew of hermit crabs snails and a cleaner shrimp. Do you think this is overstocked?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Very overstocked. I had the same tank. Pick 2 of the three at most but even that is pushing it. And if you get unlucky, the paired clown will get big and eventually claim the entire tank and bully everything else.

BitReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 fish in my 29G and it’s doing great. My cleanup crew is pretty light, but I barely have any algae. My fish:

Pair of black ice clowns
Purple firefish
Royal gramma
2 PJ cardinals

mherb24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have started a 20 gallon long salt water aquarium. I currently have 16 lbs of rock 20lbs of live sand and 2 ocellaris own fish. I’m thinking of adding 1 tail spot blenny 1 watchman golly and 1 six line wrasse. Along with a clean up crew of hermit crabs snails and a cleaner shrimp. Do you think this is overstocked?
I have the same tank and same fish minus the blenny. I’m going to get a blenny this week as I’m hearing the six line wrasse should have been added last to help with aggression. I just added the wrasse so figure as long as I add it now I will limit any future aggression.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back