20 gallon long water leaking?

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up today and there was water coming from around the. Ottom of my 20 gallon long tank. I check all the hob devices and pumps for signs of leakage. Couldn’t find. I even moved the tank off the base to peek under and saw no immediate signs of leakage. This tank is probably 1 year old at this point. Sound familiar?

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's leaking I'd get a new tank asap
Yeah picking up today

issue is I can’t find the leak and it’s not happening at the moment...will see by days end tho

in a pinch I could move all to new tank and reuse sand and water I’d imagine. Or fill new up with half new water and half old and do a 50% water change to make it easier

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would replace it too, although true leaks rarely stop on their own. I wouldn't reuse any of the old water - just give everybody a BIG water change! Use the existing tank water to first clean the rocks of a bit, then stir the sand really well, allow it to settle, siphon off the gunk, stir again, etc until either the sand is clean or you're out of old water. While that is going on, put the Freshly cleaned) rocks in the new tank. When you have finished with the sand, place it in the new tank around the rocks. Add new water, make sure it is to temp, then add the livestock!

Yea! Fun Day! o_O

pics when you're done!

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hasn’t leaked all day. No clue what happened overnight. Wondering if car or child got into it and made a mess. Literally dry as the Sahara right now

image.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it!!! My diy refuge was overflowing and draining from the back to the front of the tank. Wasn’t like this this morn. It’s all backed up with algae

image.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back