OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m gonna get some of that bird net and some plastic or acrylic tubes and make a lid that way. Would it be fine to hang the led i get from the ceiling? I’ve seen ppl do it I just want to be sure it’s safe

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When hard corals start to really encrust and grow. Than get an alk and calcium test. Your tank will be more established by than and u can slow down or do smaller wcs and start to monitor and dose alk and calcium. Prob 1-1 1/2 yrs.
After initial fill.
D

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to rush the cycle because I can only really go to a lot of frag shows and my lfs during summer and I’m gonna have about a 1 month window (early July-early august) to get fish so I’m gonna rush my cycle with bb cycled media and seeded rock. But I’m gonna start simple then start a collection of oddballs I truly like and I’m going to make sure I do lots of research on each one

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m gonna get some of that bird net and some plastic or acrylic tubes and make a lid that way. Would it be fine to hang the led i get from the ceiling? I’ve seen ppl do it I just want to be sure it’s safe
It’s safe if you hang from a stud or such.

don’t electrocute yourself or burn the house down.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can’t use wire around salt. Salt creep will rust it and you don’t want that crap in the tank.

NO WIRE.
Why do we use electronics in reef tanks then? are they secretly using wireless energy transmission that the government covered up becsuse it was too powerful?

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s safe if you hang from a stud or such.

don’t electrocute yourself or burn the house down.
I can’t glue a stud to the ceiling. Can I like stab it with hooks? To do it? I could always just ask my tech ed teacher for some extra wood for a light bar though

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do we use electronics in reef tanks then? are they secretly using wireless energy transmission that the government covered up becsuse it was too powerful?

what? They are made of plastic or glass or ceramic or high quality stainless steel or covered in rubber. They are not made of chicken wire.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t glue a stud to the ceiling. Can I like stab it with hooks? To do it? I could always just ask my tech ed teacher for some extra wood for a light bar though

No. A stud is the wood behind the ceiling. You can not just stab it with hooks. Leds are heavy and it may not fall right away but will probably fall and crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back