10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these reef safe?
7FC9004E-A6D5-435B-BD40-79CDA1D14172.jpeg
91DF0BE2-5430-463B-AA4D-AB93BEFD2176.jpeg
With caution. May nip at corals, likely will get sick after. Prefers a semi aquatic environment. Disposes of dead fish quickly, you won’t find any jumpers.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With caution. May nip at corals, likely will get sick after. Prefers a semi aquatic environment. Disposes of dead fish quickly, you won’t find any jumpers.
Don’t forget will fur everything they come in contact with

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shameless plug for my favorite coral company
@Pieces of the Ocean

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what lights are there besides viparspectra for less than or equal to 140
Orphek or3 bars are really nice, i think 1 will work over your tank and it is an actual better brand than all the other lights you listed. Nicrew also has better lights like these ones that are tried and true in reef tanks

I’m not going to get big swings if I have high alk and stable consistent water changes?
Yes you will have swings early on it happens as the tank matures. and no reason to really run high alk
Sent my friend a texr he said he dosent test calc alk or mag on his macro tank because he was trying to do it on a budget
Because it is macro mostly and softies i think, like i said before it become more crucial with LPS and SPS but all corals benefit from you knowing as you try to correct anything and make the tank stable

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ask 9 trillion questions and second guess everyone I guess?

Yeah exactly why so long as someone says check this,check that and then you counter them saying " well would this then be ok LOL" when answer be in same place ha ha.
Your quote above sums it all up,and tells me what i said i think you doing 3- 4 days ago probably is ha ha.
But your threads make me laugh,make me cry,make me confused ( lots lots emotions from page to page ^_^ )
I would suggest what would help is someone actually writing down all the things that they think you defo need and stuff that would benifit you and stuff thats not needed whatsoever,but think this pretty much been done already.
But maybe re- read all these pages and take the suggestions what you want to do and dobt do the suggestions you dont want to do and keep some other options open for change in the future.
As we all wanting to get to the finish line but there so many different roads we can take to try complete the race so to speak.
Or just got brilliant idea.
Tell your mum to read this one thread only and let her give you her opinion of what she takes from this.
Anyway thanks for the laughs and giggles noah ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back