Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya don’t buy everything right now. Just get what you need for now.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs is going to be happy when I give them even more of all my life’s earnings. Fun fact about me: I haven’t spent any money I’ve been given on something other than fish in 9 months

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cool idea for a hide for the clowns. I could use a broken pot covered in coralline then make a nem grow out of the pot

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefinatl Not only have I been doing it to set up new tanks to allow me to add corals almost immediately for ~25 years but also when I called in to deal with nuisance algae issues it's about the only thing I'll do besides manual removal. Are there tanks that would not be advisable to use, certainly. But what I realized a long, long time ago was there's a lot of beneficial stuff besides just nitrifying bacteria in a system. We know now most of the microbial stuff on reefs can't be cultured let alone stuck in a bottle. It's well documented DOC corals release help promote beneficial autotrophic processes. Why wait until corals are established and are promoting these processes when homeopathic water from a "healthy" system can be added to help establish these beneficial processes.

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you checked to see if there are any fish forums local to your area? some have a pay if forward section (at least mine does) where if you're kind, people are more than willing to give you some free corals.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would it be a Horrible idea to get a piece of wood with barnacles and stuff soaked in saltwater and add it to mimick trash thrown into the ocean or would it be safe. I see tons of it when I go to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back