OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any anthias work in a 20 long besides geometric Pygmy hawk fish? (I’ve been wanting one) I’m gonna have a lot of pods for em to eat

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns live in harem/nuclear family in the wild and should be in pairs in aquariums
In your 20 yes I would stick to a bonded pair. Any more they may reject a 3rd wheel.
Plenty of actual clown harem available on search. My lfs has over 100 in one tank. They will school, bond, mate all in same tank together. Just have to have enough room for clown fest to go down.
maxresdefault (1).jpg
images (5).jpeg

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is gonna be to order all the stuff before I vacation then come home set the tank up then when my grandma drives up order the lr and pick it up. (By now it’s at most June 15th) After that Im going to let the tank run for 3 weeks testing nitrate and ammonia making sure the Lr (shipped wet) is cycled in the last of the 3 weeks I’m going to see family so I will be gone from the tank. Then when I get back I’m going to start doing coral and fish

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking the mimic puffer filefish looks the coolest and they are the hardiest. Also they beg for food and have great personality

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any Noblesville fish clubs? I can’t go really far because my mom dosent drive
Hello!

Yep, I live in Carmel. Another lives in Westfield (@HotRocks).

The only local club is Indmas.org but it's Indianapolis area. Not much in the way of fish/coral hobbyist groups around here. Indmas is a nice membership to have though, because you can buy/sell for a $20 annual membership. Great folks there.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still better than video games lol
Hey dont diss video games, just got the new resident evil and cant wait to play it once i finish up some work.
I am thinking the mimic puffer filefish looks the coolest and they are the hardiest. Also they beg for food and have great personality
idk, anyone know if these guys nip at gorgs or soft corals, i have sps so i personally wouldnt ever try a puffer

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey dont diss video games, just got the new resident evil and cant wait to play it once i finish up some work.

idk, anyone know if these guys nip at gorgs or soft corals, i have sps so i personally wouldnt ever try a puffer
Lol I meant for the youngsters.
Everything in moderation for the adults:D

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha just checking, I would also advise 14 year olds to prob not play that game at all though unless they are ready for that type of visceral horror.

Reactions: LRT

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any anthias work in a 20 long besides geometric Pygmy hawk fish? (I’ve been wanting one) I’m gonna have a lot of pods for em to eat
you said you looked at liveaquaria right? A quick search on there would say no

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are one of the most active fish and therefore produce more waste

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the old saying there's no such thing as dumb question..
Especially coming from young man most likely stuck in house from pandemic as well as mom doesn't drive so probably doesn't really get out of house much as it is.
I'm seeing it in my lil man right now.
At the end of day just a youngster being youngster only way he knows how.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Yep, I live in Carmel. Another lives in Westfield (@HotRocks).

The only local club is Indmas.org but it's Indianapolis area. Not much in the way of fish/coral hobbyist groups around here. Indmas is a nice membership to have though, because you can buy/sell for a $20 annual membership. Great folks there.
This is awesome. Great idea and way to meet folks and bounce ideas and even trade and share frags with.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It isn’t a puffer it’s a filefish

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to my neighborhood pond (it’s closed System) to add water lettuce and I found some cool plant I think it’s like spikerush

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these filefish have been known to nip at corals. But not sure if they all do it.
It’s more with acropora. I’m considering a biota or ora ap eating filefish instead they remind me of puffers/triggers and the ora/biota are reef safe 99% of the time they might nip acros or tiny shrimp tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back