20 long questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best value place to get corals besides lfs (Online)? I’ve heard some people say my lfs is expensive
Honestly try to find local places bc online is more then likely gonna be a lot more expensive. Or at least that’s what I’ve found.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly try to find local places bc online is more then likely gonna be a lot more expensive. Or at least that’s what I’ve found.
I agree in 99% of the cases. A coral online might be 10$ cheaper but with $30 shipping you wont break even unless you buy a lot

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly @NoahLikesFish, your brain is an amazing thing. I wish I could count the amount of questions you came up with in the last few days. Keep being excited, it’s a fun hobby. You’ll obviously enjoy it.

You now passed 1000 messages in only a few days. Blows my mind lol.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Discus have great personality's!
You bet they do! I currently have 7 in my 110g along with some tankmates and my L46 true zebra pleco.
C966F760-0EDE-4645-8C6D-DD944802789A.jpeg
0BC7FC73-69F1-45A7-A682-F4CED9A5D902.jpeg
3B85B4E0-BB22-492C-8B39-4AB4B7EE1BB6.jpeg
7FF764C7-9538-474B-9D70-A4BCAA29B8D9.jpeg

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice fish with similar personality for smaller tanks could be a orange chromide, they do the same parental slime feeding and they look very similar

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly @NoahLikesFish, your brain is an amazing thing. I wish I could count the amount of questions you came up with in the last few days. Keep being excited, it’s a fun hobby. You’ll obviously enjoy it.

You now passed 1000 messages in only a few days. Blows my mind lol.
I have a question about mantis. Do the gulf types bother fish a lot? I know the big kinds do but people say they don’t and I know someone has gulf mantis with gem tang

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw im prob not gonna be super active in the summer because of seeing family and stuff but when I have more free time being unused I should be able to post about my tank build though

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about mantis. Do the gulf types bother fish a lot? I know the big kinds do but people say they don’t and I know someone has gulf mantis with gem tang
The answer is “maybe”. Any mantis no matter what the size will go after a fish if they feel like it.

You have two kinds, a spearing mantis and a mashing mantis. Spearing Mantis will definitely go after fish, that’s what they hunt.

A smasher mantis will mainly stick to crustaceans, ( crabs, snails, clams etc.) But if it felt like punching a fish, it just might. If you have a smasher mantis with fish, it “might” be ok. But don’t get upset if the mantis one days decides to punch a fish because it got too close to it’s den or something.

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To give you an idea, I have a peacock mantis, which is a large smasher mantis. The mantis tank mates are 4 damsels. There use to be 5 until he decided to punch it. The mantis didn’t even eat it, it left it for the hermit crabs. But he seems to get alone with the other 4 damsels. No idea why. Just a personally thing.

BelieveInBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That person must be incredibly rich to risk keeping a gem tang with a mantis. Mantis are opportunistic predators, which means they will kill and eat fish if they are able to. That's not very easy, especially for smashers, so it won't happen very often, but it can happen at any time.

So the question you have to ask yourself is this: Do you want a mantis shrimp badly enough that you are willing to risk losing a fish to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back