OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could 3 small cardinals school in a 20 long? With a pygmy filefish jawfish then skunk clowns? I saw a thread of a 14g cube with like 10 tiny fish and that’s what I’m trying to replicate in this tank. Where I have lots of nano fish over like a pair of larger clowns then like a wrasse and a

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could 3 small cardinals school in a 20 long? With a pygmy filefish jawfish then skunk clowns? I saw a thread of a 14g cube with like 10 tiny fish and that’s what I’m trying to replicate in this tank. Where I have lots of nano fish over like a pair of larger clowns then like a wrasse and a
Heavy stocking will only work with everything set up right. All the filtration and everything.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ik. I’m gonna have lots of macros and in my hob I’m gonna run carbon and a algae scrubber then like sponge. I’m debating wether I should just break down my 40g if I like reefing with the 20 long. It would be sad to have to get rid of most of my fish but if I like reefing I might do it so I have more room to experiment And play with for my tanks

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ik. I’m gonna have lots of macros and in my hob I’m gonna run carbon and a algae scrubber then like sponge. I’m debating wether I should just break down my 40g if I like reefing with the 20 long. It would be sad to have to get rid of most of my fish but if I like reefing I might do it so I have more room to experiment And play with for my tanks
So why not set the 20 up for a fw and clean up the 40 for saltwater,it would give you more room from the start

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theoretically it would be possible to heavily overstock my 10g and 20 long and then do a 40g reef but that dosent seem right to do for the fish. If I end up moving I will probably sell all my fish And stuff and then just do a 40g with a 20 long display refuglum then a 10g macro scrubber

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s where I’d be moving if I did move. I don’t know if I wanna but mostly it’s gonna be my decision and if I decide I want to then most likely we will but if i Dont most likely it won’t b/c my mom values My opinion on it strongly

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I wouldn’t get the job security of my lfs I wouldn’t have any friends either but at Least I’d be able to live with my grandma and I could go to any lfs nearby I want whenever and I can forage at the beach. And I could def do a 40g reef and 20g refugium but not drilled. B/c my mom said they would help Me rebuild my tanks if we moved

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theoretically it would be possible to heavily overstock my 10g and 20 long and then do a 40g reef but that dosent seem right to do for the fish. If I end up moving I will probably sell all my fish And stuff and then just do a 40g with a 20 long display refuglum then a 10g macro scrubber
I would sell the fish - dont overstock another tank, just because you want a different setup.

I had to sell 10 of my Glass Bloodfin Tetras, in order to have my 29g setup. It was a hard decision, but I sleep better at night knowing that my tanks aren’t overcrowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back