Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I can’t afford one right now. I’d wall myself from a skimmer until I want sps and things which I don’t seriously care about. I will probably build a phyto culture scrubber thing i saw on a thread into my tank which will make the water super clean
‘Things which I don’t seriously care about’. So what you plan on just experimenting, just winging it with animals you don’t really care one way or the other about killing. These are living things we’re talking about, whether or not they are expensive (which seems to correlate to how much you care about them), they all deserve and require the same level of care (something you don’t seem concerned about, whatsoever). I don’t really know what else to say, it’s messed up.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘Things which I don’t seriously care about’. So what you plan on just experimenting, just winging it with animals you don’t really care one way or the other about killing. These are living things we’re talking about, whether or not they are expensive (which seems to correlate to how much you care about them), they all deserve and require the same level of care (something you don’t seem concerned about, whatsoever). I don’t really know what else to say, it’s messed up.
I don’t care about acros at the moment like I don’t like them I would care for them If I liked them and bought them

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would sell the fish - dont overstock another tank, just because you want a different setup.

I had to sell 10 of my Glass Bloodfin Tetras, in order to have my 29g setup. It was a hard decision, but I sleep better at night knowing that my tanks aren’t overcrowded.
I can’t sell my fish if I don’t move though.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly @NoahLikesFish, your brain is an amazing thing. I wish I could count the amount of questions you came up with in the last few days. Keep being excited, it’s a fun hobby. You’ll obviously enjoy it.

You now passed 1000 messages in only a few days. Blows my mind lol.
When I first opened this thread, based on the title, my brain registered it as 20 LONG questions not questions about a 20 Long tank. LOL
I will say that I have enjoyed watching the thread & am excited for Noah to get his tank up. It's cool to see someone so excited about reefing at his age! Just think, starting so young, he has the potential to be the next Paul B with a super long running tank. :)
@NoahLikesFish you're getting a lot of great advice here. Biggest thing of all & I am also guilty of not being patient, just be patient & take your time. It's hard when you're so excited though. There's a great saying & they are words to live by in reefing - "Nothing good ever happens fast in a reef tank."

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first opened this thread, based on the title, my brain registered it as 20 LONG questions not questions about a 20 Long tank. LOL
I will say that I have enjoyed watching the thread & am excited for Noah to get his tank up. It's cool to see someone so excited about reefing at his age! Just think, starting so young, he has the potential to be the next Paul B with a super long running tank. :)
@NoahLikesFish you're getting a lot of great advice here. Biggest thing of all & I am also guilty of not being patient, just be patient & take your time. It's hard when you're so excited though. There's a great saying & they are words to live by in reefing - "Nothing good ever happens fast in a reef tank."
I have a proverb in freshwater, nothing ever happens in freshwater XD

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how fishkeeping would be in 50 years time, Paul b only had live rock sand dolomite and crushed coral. They didn’t have anything high tech and you couldn’t get rare fish or even coral like we have nowadays. I bet in 50 years the glass in aquariums will be infused with materials that track your water quality

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m playing around with towels for scaping and I’m most likely going to have a incline on one side then a dip then a crest then a drop on the other side

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I do a tank w/ display fuge I’m gonna make a standing wave that pumps water from the dt into the fuge then to return water into the dt it’s going to have a tidal force that won’t have surface agitation and then with the dt I’m going to have a standing wave push water into the fuge and the tidal return on the fuge. I also hopefully will figure out how to reverse the flow on it with a timer so I get a actual tidal force. I am going to make the fuge into a beach biotope so that it will organically control the macroalgae by force of a tide

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will draw a blueprint for my system but I need to do research on tides because I don’t know how I’d incorporate the phyto system which I want to use to skim the water

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically the plan is to make a system as efficient as vodka dosing but it isn’t vodka dosing and it’s 100% natural. I’d make a unnatural amount of plankton and rotifers and phytoplankton in a 10g or 20 long then hopefully push it in periodically and this thing will be a chemical soup with all the dosing and be nutrient rich and like once a month it would do a plankton bloom and then it would slowly exchange every day or 2 normally

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would sell them but my mom wouldn’t let me sell them most likely. I could attempt something with stocking and it would definitely work it would just be crowded.
It would “work”, but it wouldn’t be good for the fish.

What all are you planning on stuffing in the other tanks?

—-

Why won’t your mom let you sell them?

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I am going to use what I know from people talking about breeding stuff in fw and I’m going to do a rain ato and make it so that there will be a float valve that will sink and then release rodi like a shower then when it fills up it will then stop because it will float to block the valve

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would “work”, but it wouldn’t be good for the fish.

What all are you planning on stuffing in the other tanks?

—-

Why won’t your mom let you sell them?
Uh in my 10g like 6 cories 10 pencilfish 11 hyphessobrycon bentosi (tetra) and then my 4 psudomugil then all my fry I have in thwt tank. Then in my 20 long 4 keyhole chiclid 2 Pearl gourami 4 Siamese algae eater 7 rainbows a bn pleco and a half banded spiny eel. I’d do weekly water changes 50% as opposed to no water changes at all to cope with the stock and I’d throw my 10 gallon’s unused filter on my 20 long and a airstone in my 10g then I’d have a empty 40g but I’d need a 20 long and 10g to do my crazy display refugium phytoplankton doser bloom skimmer scrubber craziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back