20 Long simple setup

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my 20 Long. It’s a basic setup; heater, HOB filter, Tunze ATO, thermometer, Hygger Mini wave, and a Reef Breeders V1 LED.

08C3F82B-D26A-435B-A674-FCB060E38CF8.jpeg

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my 20 Long. It’s a basic setup; heater, HOB filter, Tunze ATO, thermometer, Hygger Mini wave, and a Reef Breeders V1 LED.

08C3F82B-D26A-435B-A674-FCB060E38CF8.jpeg
Your tank looks very nice
How are you satisfied so far with the Hygger Mini Wavemaker? What speed are you running it on?

OP
OP
Chessmanmark

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks very nice
How are you satisfied so far with the Hygger Mini Wavemaker? What speed are you running it on?

I added the mini wave two weeks ago and I love it. I bought it for my 14 Biocube, but decided to use it for this tank. Honestly, I didn’t think it was going to be strong enough, but it is. I swapped out a Tunze NanoStream that worked perfectly fine for 14 years and will be my backup. I switched because I wanted wave action.
The pump has 5 preset programs. I modified two. Most of the time it goes from full power to the least power swaying my leathers rapidly back and forth. Two times a day it ramps up and down on the longest setting.
I don’t expect that it will last as long the Tunze, and it’s not dead quiet the way some reviews claim, but it is a terrific low profile pump with wave action, perfect for a 20 Long.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added the mini wave two weeks ago and I love it. I bought it for my 14 Biocube, but decided to use it for this tank. Honestly, I didn’t think it was going to be strong enough, but it is. I swapped out a Tunze NanoStream that worked perfectly fine for 14 years and will be my backup. I switched because I wanted wave action.
The pump has 5 preset programs. I modified two. Most of the time it goes from full power to the least power swaying my leathers rapidly back and forth. Two times a day it ramps up and down on the longest setting.
I don’t expect that it will last as long the Tunze, and it’s not dead quiet the way some reviews claim, but it is a terrific low profile pump with wave action, perfect for a 20 Long.
I just recently got this pump too and like it so far, but like you, I’m not expecting it to last forever. Looks great in the tank though!

OP
OP
Chessmanmark

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I outgrew the 20L and swapped it out for an old 40 Breeder that I had in the basement holding rock. I built a short stand so I can easily look down on the tank.

I like the open use of negative space in this build as my 90 is grown in/overgrown and crowded looking.

I also swapped out my 1600 Mini Wave for a 2600. These are great low cost programable pumps.

61B3FF75-0E3B-498E-BDA1-07B2E1088272.jpeg

OP
OP
Chessmanmark

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put together a 10 minute video of the 40 Breeder. Adding royalty free music was new for me. I was going for a relaxing vibe. If you have any constructive criticism, let me have it. Enjoy!

Back