200 Gallon Coral Tank Build :D

Salt Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys really new at this I started a Youtube channel ( Josh SaltEmpire Duval ) Here a link to one of my videos keep in mind im just starting and really low budget since I put all my money into my tank build !! :)

I will post pictures soon as the girlfriend gets home with the phone! Im currently running 2 30gs that are established and pretty full of coral Were doing a 200 gallon in the kitchen and then a 150 in our bedroom of our bachelor apartment we love growing coral and taking care of them

So the 200 gallon system consists of 2 70g tanks sitting beside each other on a wood stand 73" long hooked up to a 4' 55 gal sump underneath, everything made by myself . In the return section of the sump I have a dcp-10000 pushing water back up to both tanks with individual control valves for flow there will be 3/4" loc line - 2-6" lines in both tanks Overflows consist of 1.5" bulkheads with 1.5" plumbing to the sump

Both tanks will only be used to grow coral we are thinking of going bare bottom or almost bare bottom and have a 1.5" sand bed in the 19" refugium section that will be used for mainly frags and a reef lobster possibly

Thinking of going with some reefbrites possibly a radion or similar, t5's for sure
Still looking into getting a skimmer, some nice pieces of rock , ato , definitely a RO machine! lol

We have it pretty good here electricity is paid and so is water We are going to try and get as many gallons as possible in here to make the best we can with what we have !
Any questions, info or help would be appreciated !!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back