200gal dream tank

BeardedDragon21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I was lucky enough to secure a 200gal tank that was retired from my local aquarium and I'm looking to bring it back to life. However it is drilled in the bottom and I'm unsure how to make an overflow with this setup any thoughts or advice?

20200720_091217_HDR.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I was lucky enough to secure a 200gal tank that was retired from my local aquarium and I'm looking to bring it back to life. However it is drilled in the bottom and I'm unsure how to make an overflow with this setup any thoughts or advice?

20200720_091217_HDR.jpg

nice to see another ID refer on here! I am not that far from you, over in victor.
looks like you got a great tank.

looks like the over boxed where removed you can make some using glass or get the pre made ones on ebay or like said about just use PVC and glue rocks to them to hide em lots of options.

whar ever you do I would go with one full siphon 1 E drain and come over the top for returns gonna be a lot more quieter that way.

another option is seal the holes and drill for a slim overflow box and returns. more risky for sure but there not that hard tons of ppl do it these days.
the thicker the glass the easier it is. i drilled 2 40BR cracked 1 the other came out good.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back