200gal dream tank

BeardedDragon21

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
36
Location
Idaho falls
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I was lucky enough to secure a 200gal tank that was retired from my local aquarium and I'm looking to bring it back to life. However it is drilled in the bottom and I'm unsure how to make an overflow with this setup any thoughts or advice?

20200720_091217_HDR.jpg
 
Hey all I was lucky enough to secure a 200gal tank that was retired from my local aquarium and I'm looking to bring it back to life. However it is drilled in the bottom and I'm unsure how to make an overflow with this setup any thoughts or advice?

20200720_091217_HDR.jpg

nice to see another ID refer on here! I am not that far from you, over in victor.
looks like you got a great tank.

looks like the over boxed where removed you can make some using glass or get the pre made ones on ebay or like said about just use PVC and glue rocks to them to hide em lots of options.

whar ever you do I would go with one full siphon 1 E drain and come over the top for returns gonna be a lot more quieter that way.

another option is seal the holes and drill for a slim overflow box and returns. more risky for sure but there not that hard tons of ppl do it these days.
the thicker the glass the easier it is. i drilled 2 40BR cracked 1 the other came out good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new