2015 list of stores

tlawson8997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are Morgantown people. We usually trek up to Pitt for our SWF supplies. We have been to elmers, wetpets, and aquaworld. Are there any other worthwhile stores in the pitt area? Ive heard of oddball and saltwater sanctuary but have yet to visit either.

My husband wants to get a nanocube or biocube to do corals in and was looking to find somewhere that had good prices on the self contained tanks.

Also, do you know what days the stores get their shipments? I know wetpets gets theirs on wednesday.

brooks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have been to wet pets you might as well check out sanctuary. It about 5 minutes more north right off the south point exit. It's a nice boutique style saltwater only shop.

ZJedi945

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Gallery has finally opened up and I have been there a few times already. I picked up a hippo for only $35 I was amazed by that, heck another place wanted $79 for one just a little bigger. What really blew me away was the shop itself. It feels completely modern and all of their equipment is top end. I can't wait to go back and find some more sweet deals.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Oddball pets a few days ago. They had some $10 and $25 frags that were really nice. Higher end stuff for $10. They had favias and Acans that were nice for $10. The $25 or 3 for $60 seemed like the best deal on montis and chalices. The fish selection wasn't awesome, but they have stepped up the coral.

chewbang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the reef gallery. I was there the other day and I must say its the best saltwater store in Pittsburgh. Not just Pittsburgh, its better than any store I've ever been to.
You gotta check this place out. www.thereefgallery.com

kromar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went to the Reef Gallery today. Quite impressed with the selection and prices. Frags from 8 dollars all the way up to large corals. Came home with a few. Will definitely be going back.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back