2018 FFM Contest!

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name that Coral Poster- Small.jpg

How about contest for the FFM this year? I have three corals that need names (so I can charge twice as much for them... not really). I am not looking for the scientific names, something fun! Here are quick descriptions of each to compensate for my poor photography skills:

Coral #1 is a Neon green Leptoseris (maybe?) with a purpleish growth rim

Coral #2 is a Light, mint green Acropora with big "bulby" coralites

Coral #3 is a deep purple Rhodactis mushroom with neon green fringing tentacles

Email your names to me with the subject "2018 FFM Coral Name Entry" by Thursday March 1st to be considered. Thanks to Lou Elkus and Tropic Marin for sponsoring this FFM contest!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has come to my attention that people may not have the correct email for the "Name that Coral" contest- the email is swansonjL <-- that is an L not a 1 in the email address (swansonjL not swansonj1). Whoever is at swansonj1 is probably VERY confused about the emails he has been getting!
Entries have been trickling in, keep em coming - this is free Tropic Marin salt that you could win here!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm back up again after a long night of set-up. Despite the weather, more than 1/2 the vendors came to set-up last night and the other half, minus one or two, will be here this morning. We got no weather, other than rain yesterday and the school is all set to host the 11th annual FFM today! I got a chance to look over some of the set-ups last night and there is some AMAZING stuff at the FFM as usual. The FFM is definitely on for today so clear out your driveway and make the ride out to E.O. Smith in Storrs and be a part of it!

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this was this years FFM post but was wondering if anyone could tell me what were the names of those corals shown.
my best guess is:
1. green leptoceris
2. unsure
3. coralamorph...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back