2019 Secret Santa biggest small reef issue? (not sponsored what so ever just trying to be friendly) (second post in our forum)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
I make diy frozen. Last time I went to make it I was out of half the ingredients. That sucks.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My daughter and I both participated in the first Secret Santa. We both received things we asked for. I am pretty sure my daughter received everything on her wish list lol.
I was able to give several things to my person, but there was some similar interests and I could make/sew/draw several of the items. If people do not put down many interest, hobbies or things they like, it is a lot hard for me because I am not good at randomly picking out gifts (I over think things sometimes lol).
My suggestion to anyone participating is to make an extensive wish list with a variety of items (both interest and price). Even if you don’t get things from that wish list, it still gives people a good idea of your likes. I am also not opposed to getting used items and list that just so people that option.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first year on S.S. Personally I would not worry about what was given and what was received.

Corny I know. I think everyone has a different take on what to give. I get a stuffed Nemo fish I’m happy. I give a year supply of salt I’m happy. It’s what matters to you, not what you think will matter to someone else. You may have gifted another that felt it was a great gift, or even overboard. It’s the thought that counts is also corny, but I like to think for most it rings true.

Also, I ran out of AI HD lights the other day :)
Who doesn't like a Mystery package especially at Holiday time ??

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
I think you can do anything, last year people sent homemade things, you can even send extra live stock. I'm doing this so everyone can get a little something, just more giving!

+1

I’ve been growing turf algae and aptasia so I’m ready to give at holiday time.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Also so people are aware, I'm glad we are getting more people but most likely for the common stuff I'll put it in baggies. I'll just buy I big bulk thing and split it up with people for stuff like carbon and salt.
Hope that's okay!
I'll make sure you get plenty though!

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh also I'll be putting a deadline to "sign" up for this
I will lock everyone in on both posts of this in on November 22nd (I want to beat the christmas rush)
I will be doing the drawing for the float mag Dec 7 and will hopefully have everything shipped out the 9th
happy holidays!
Edit:
you must have the
R2R Secret Santa 2019 badge to be locked in

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
BTW if you posted something on here but didn't answer I'll still put you on the list for drawing but I can't promise I can send you anything else since IDK what you need, but I may send you the most popular answers since I'll have the most of that stuff

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is awesome! I love the holiday cheer! Past few years things have been busy at home and we didnt set a tree up last year. This year I'm away from home so I figured I would join in on the festivities with the wife's help of course!
For me it's test kit stuff, either it's expired or i run out of reagent. When i ran filter socks i realized to late that they were still in a bucket waiting for the wash ;Eggonface

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is awesome! I love the holiday cheer! Past few years things have been busy at home and we didnt set a tree up last year. This year I'm away from home so I figured I would join in on the festivities with the wife's help of course!
For me it's test kit stuff, either it's expired or i run out of reagent. When i ran filter socks i realized to late that they were still in a bucket waiting for the wash ;Eggonface
your in!
What reagents do you need?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back