OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful SPS's....where do I go to see what frags you have for sale Diesel?

I'll pm you my address and when you drive up through the big gate it's the first house on your right with the Red Ferrari in front. Remember my frags are awesome but ain't cheap ;)

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the same light as you and would like to compare our lighting profiles. Would you be willing to send me your current ati file and share your bulb combo?

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in my spotlight thread.

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in my spotlight thread.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your spotlight. That was a great write up. Still would like to know the story behind Diesel.

Two follow up questions:

1) how do you like the Geismann bulbs compared to ATI and KZ?

2) I see the percent blue and white you have your profile at but what overall percent do you ramp your LEDs to?

Thanks so much,
Brad

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will make a video soon on recommendation of one the Reefsquad guys ;) and will layout where the name "Diesel came from.
I must say last Saturday when I did my frag room sale for Williard that same question was brought up............. it was a nice 15 minute story and the 7 or what ppl who were listing totally forgot about reefing for a moment :cool:

Lights........ Yes let there be lights!
I have the all blue leds up to 100% no % on the red and white just enough to equalize the blue a bit.
If I question the Giesemanns I won't run them over the tank, that said ATI and KZ aren't that bad but knowing the difference in color I prefer the Giesemans, yes I did run the ATI's and some of the KZ.
Light aren't the only thing that makes your tank successful, there's a lot more at it here.
Also it's a personal view, I may like it but you don't.

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I don't think I'm asking my question clearly. Let me ask it another way... Once you have your blues, whites and reds set to create a new overall color scheme. What % do you ramp your LEDs up to?

On my profile I also run blues at 100%, white at 55% and red at 10%. Then in my daily program, my LEDs hit a total of 80% at the peak of the day.

What is the peak that your LEDs hit?

Thanks for the recommendation on the Geismanns. I've ran ATI, currently running KZs but have never found a bulb combo that I've loved. Your tank photographs well with all lights on which is why I asked.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have your blues, whites and reds set to create a new overall color scheme. What % do you ramp your LEDs up to?

100%

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank photographs well with all lights on which is why I asked.

It's not the lights, it's how you dial your settings on your camera, white balance and ISO, F vs AP.

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel,
Are you running the Aqua Blue-Coral or the Aqua Blue-Azure bulbs. I'm getting ready to order, I'm leaning towards the azure bulbs based on their description but wanted to see which ones you use.
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel,
Are you running the Aqua Blue-Coral or the Aqua Blue-Azure bulbs. I'm getting ready to order, I'm leaning towards the azure bulbs based on their description but wanted to see which ones you use.
Thanks in advance

Azure.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ben,

would like to know if the colony of the Blue tip Aquamarine Tenuis I gave you a few weeks ago, did make it through the qualification and finally in your tank?
Will appreciate a picture how it does look like in yours with that lighting !!!! Hint....hint..... :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back