2020 Partner Membership is LIVE! Over $15,000 in Prizes! Reef Systems, Trident, Controller, LED Lighting and more..

What prize would you want to win most?

• One of the Reef Tank Systems

Votes: 727 32.7%
  • Neptune Trident & Controller Pack

Votes: 833 37.5%
  • One of the LED Lighting Systems

Votes: 212 9.5%
  • One of the Water Testing Devices

Votes: 72 3.2%
  • One of the Shopping Sprees

Votes: 354 15.9%
  • Other.....

Votes: 24 1.1%

• Total voters

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Rev,

Are you willing to go into any specifics on how being a Partner Member helps the forum? I've paid for the level before but it didn't have a tangible feel in how it impacted the forum. I get the idea that quite a number of people usually sign up for this user category and with the price being what it is you can extrapolate onto the revenue such a membership drive generates.

Have you thought about doing a drive like this or even using some of the funding from here to compensate moderators? I'm sure many do it for the fun of being a member but over the last year I've seen the word volunteer thrown around so much it made me question why that has to be the case? I'm not saying it has to be equivalent to pay for a full or part time job but I'd personally prefer to contribute beyond my "Supporter" membership in a tangible way.

Even if such a drive was focused on equipment or tanks instead of monetary compensation -- I'd really like to see that there is some reward for essentially working to make R2R a great place even if moderators have always done it for free.

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You see mine? I'm still working on them to make them really pop! Any ideas?

I did think of an idea on the badge. If the 2019 badge goes away have some kind of marker that designates years of partner member support. Extra hearts in the hand or hashes on the side something like that.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum has always been so great! When I was at my lowest with my daughters cancer treatments, I could come on here and always brighten my day. Being able to give advise, chat with fellow reefers, or just browse, this forum is always here!

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not saying it has to be equivalent to pay for a full or part time job but I'd personally prefer to contribute beyond my "Supporter" membership in a tangible way.

Even if such a drive was focused on equipment or tanks instead of monetary compensation -- I'd really like to see that there is some reward for essentially working to make R2R a great place even if moderators have always done it for free.

R2R and the staff have given me much more than a monetary satisfaction. I get to help members, my hours are great(there are none ;Hilarious) , the health insurance is some of the best (being able to lose myself in informations and friendship during stressful time) vacation plan (I get all the time I need;)). Bonuses( I get to work with a great group of individuals).

All kidding aside, this being a paid job would not be the same. On the economic side, to pay the staff, upkeep, I would think we would have to charge all the member dues to join, myself I would rather donate my time so that anyone can come to R2R to learn and contribute. :)

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R and the staff have given me much more than a monetary satisfaction. I get to help members, my hours are great(there are none ;Hilarious) , the health insurance is some of the best (being able to lose myself in informations and friendship during stressful time) vacation plan (I get all the time I need;)). Bonuses( I get to work with a great group of individuals).

All kidding aside, this being a paid job would not be the same. On the economic side, to pay the staff, upkeep, I would think we would have to charge all the member dues to join, myself I would rather donate my time so that anyone can come to R2R to learn and contribute. :)
This is what makes this place what it is today.
A great atmosphere, family friendly, a true hobbyists utopia.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Done. Partner Plus. I'm thrilled to have another way to make R2R a little better!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partner Swag Item Details

All Partner Levels come with the following swag:
  • A R2R Partner Member 2020 Super Soft T-Shirt
  • High Quality R2R Embroidered Tank Towel with Grommet (orange)
  • Just for Fun R2R Coral Viewing Glasses
  • R2R Mascot Tank Stickers
partner Tee.jpg
Partner Tee2.jpg

Towel.jpg

IMG_7402.jpg
sticker glasses.jpg

T-Shirt Info: (sizes run a tad small so order accordingly)
  • Made from 4.5-oz 100% preshrunk cotton.
  • Reinforced with double-needle stitching at the collar, cuffs and hem.
  • Features taping at the neck and shoulders and a seamless collarette.

All Partner PLUS Memberships come with all of the above PLUS:

A Custom Embroidered R2R Partner 2020 North End® Soft Shell Jacket (available in men and ladies sizes)

Jacket.jpg
Partner Jacket Mock.jpg

**Jacket photo is a mock up

Jacket Info: (sizes are true to size [according to purchase website] please order accordingly as there is no returns)
  • This comfy North End® soft shell jacket provides superior coverage from the elements with its dual layers, attached hood, adjustable cuffs and drawcords at the hood and hem.
  • Articulated raglan sleeves and spandex jacket material allow workers to move about in comfort.
  • The front yoke features asymmetrically stylized seams for a special design touch.
  • Keep comfortable from the inside out with the fleece-lined chin guard.
  • Designed with two lower zippered pockets, right chest pocket and inside security pocket with audio port.
  • Two layer performance stretch soft shell, 7.5 oz. with water-repellent finish.
  • Made from 96/4 polyester/spandex material bonded with polyester anti-pill fleece.
Some really nice gear! I wouldn’t mind sporting that jacket when the weather cools down.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back