2021 potential

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello local reefers,

I have been tossing around ideas for our club in 2021. As you all know I recently created this club. I know we are a new club but we are expanding and growing members fairly well! I have some ideas and would love to talk about them with you guys. I will be creating a private Facebook page for our club to grow members since not everyone is on REEF2REEF that will be set up soon and will let everyone know the details. Will be putting an add online and hopefully some local fish stores to get our name out. I know it’s tough with Covid currently but hoping we could get together possibly have meetings at a restaurant monthly or bimonthly and go from there. Or meet via video chat due to Covid. Also once I finish my move I’m hoping once a year we could all get together and do a small frag swap of our own. Would love to hear feedback guys, hope everyone has a happy new year. Thanks for being patient haven’t been active much due to moving and not having my full system online. #608Reefers

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello local reefers,

I have been tossing around ideas for our club in 2021. As you all know I recently created this club. I know we are a new club but we are expanding and growing members fairly well! I have some ideas and would love to talk about them with you guys. I will be creating a private Facebook page for our club to grow members since not everyone is on REEF2REEF that will be set up soon and will let everyone know the details. Will be putting an add online and hopefully some local fish stores to get our name out. I know it’s tough with Covid currently but hoping we could get together possibly have meetings at a restaurant monthly or bimonthly and go from there. Or meet via video chat due to Covid. Also once I finish my move I’m hoping once a year we could all get together and do a small frag swap of our own. Would love to hear feedback guys, hope everyone has a happy new year. Thanks for being patient haven’t been active much due to moving and not having my full system online. #608Reefers
I’d be down! Maybe doing a hybrid form. Allowing those who want to meet in person to do so, and others to zoom in on computer if they don’t feel comfortable? Or limit how many can meet up making an RSVP list for 10-20 people on a fist sign up basis? Just spit balling ideas. But I’d be game!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds like a plan! Very excited to see our club grow and to meet everyone once things get a bit better :)

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be down! Maybe doing a hybrid form. Allowing those who want to meet in person to do so, and others to zoom in on computer if they don’t feel comfortable? Or limit how many can meet up making an RSVP list for 10-20 people on a fist sign up basis? Just spit balling ideas. But I’d be game!
I was considering a option like that, sounds like a great idea thank you for the response

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don’t do Facebook

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t do Facebook
Everything on Facebook would be the same on R2R as well. I will be mostly focused here since this is where it started I’m on here way more than Facebook. But my intentions would be for new members without a R2R account would be to have them create an account Would like to be more focused on here.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also do not do facebook, not because I'm tech savvy, rather the opposite.
Okay, I’m thinking only have a Facebook account to recruit new members and have them convert to R2R. I think that would be good?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I agree it's a good idea, especially for new members and to let them know about r2r. I'm not on there either but there are a lot of people who are.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once everything clears up you could get a tour of tanks going. Some group trips like to shedds would also be cool even dive trips. Also if you get enough people I would look into starting your own form.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once everything clears up you could get a tour of tanks going. Some group trips like to shedds would also be cool even dive trips. Also if you get enough people I would look into starting your own form.
Awesome ideas! Thank you I’m going to have to creat a poll!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We may have a need for that in time, good idea. If anyone has any other reefing friends in WI please let them know about our group. Looks like we are well on our way to an awesome group of people with lots of knowledge :)

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WIReefer you thinking another FB group with the MARS one? Or a revamp of that one.

Also, out of curiosity. What's the difference between the topics in the 608 reefers section, and then the private 608 section? There's currently only two topics in that one.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WIReefer you thinking another FB group with the MARS one? Or a revamp of that one.

Also, out of curiosity. What's the difference between the topics in the 608 reefers section, and then the private 608 section? There's currently only two topics in that one.
I was thinking just a totally new page but basically the same concept. The private section is for 608 members eyes only. So only 608 members can see the private group. The other ones everyone on REEF2REEF can see.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back