2023 plans?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is extremely early. I mean come on it’s not even been Halloween yet let alone Christmas. However I’m curious, do any of you guys have plans for 2023 already? Or am I just one very big planner…
Just because I don’t know what to put here, a photo of my Acropora valida.
963DD609-399F-4FA7-A690-F6483F45DF32.jpeg

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm already thinking and planning lol's. This list is what I want to achieve by Jan 2023

A) Tank Stability-tank a year
B) All yearly maintenance done by Jan. UV bulb and all pumps which makes me nervous to do these things so will procrastinate...
C) Euphillia garden
D) Getting 6 danged damsels out
E) Finish getting all equipment mounted--2 battery backups to go plus led light in cabinet
F) Get better fans for the sump for temp control in the summer or get a chiller. Chillers make me nervous so will prob. do some clip on fans and fans mounted on wall. Have a ceiling fan as well but room is 10x10 and tank takes up most of one wall so room gets warm and humid. Have a dehumidifier as well.
G) More corals. More Fish!
H) Keep my 45g stable and add to it as well
I) Keep my eye out for a robotic glass cleaner!

20221006_165159.jpg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, those robotic cleaners only are capable of doing one pane of glass. I remember seeing one at the LFS, and immediately rolled my eyes and muttered a general 'meh'.

Plans. Hell, I'm happy to wake up, I'll start with that.

In reality no, usually plans never go to plan for me.

Edit: I do have one plan, get my clicking knee fixed! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know this is extremely early. I mean come on it’s not even been Halloween yet let alone Christmas. However I’m curious, do any of you guys have plans for 2023 already? Or am I just one very big planner…
yeah. . . im past due and need to get my happy self to florida

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats I did that recently. So I'm planning on not killing anything in my tanks. Probably have about as much success at that as winning the lottery.
Heh... I know how you feel. I set up this tank knowing I would have the time to look after it (unlike my last attempt). I plan to look after my tank, spend time with my dogs, brew my own ale, work on my 3D art and learn to play the bagpipes.

Okay, maybe not the bagpipes, but I did inherit a guitar from my late father, and I always felt kinda guilty that I never learned to play it.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to get my act together and finally become a motivated self-starter who is always organized and on task.

I mean, I've been planning that for years with no success but why change now, right??

As far as the tanks go my big plan is to organize the mess of cables and build some sort of control board next to the stand. Then just keep saving money for the day I can finally upgrade to a tank with a sump.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, those robotic cleaners only are capable of doing one pane of glass. I remember seeing one at the LFS, and immediately rolled my eyes and muttered a general 'meh'.

Plans. Hell, I'm happy to wake up, I'll start with that.

In reality no, usually plans never go to plan for me.

Edit: I do have one plan, get my clicking knee fixed! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
For 200 bucks, I'd eventually get one for each side. Compared to the cost of my other equipment, 200 here and there is change lol's. I have gyres on the sides so not sure how they'd work on the sides

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to get my act together and finally become a motivated self-starter who is always organized and on task.

I mean, I've been planning that for years with no success but why change now, right??

As far as the tanks go my big plan is to organize the mess of cables and build some sort of control board next to the stand. Then just keep saving money for the day I can finally upgrade to a tank with a sump.
Bulk Reef supply has some that mount on the wall. I have 1 on each side of my large tank. this is before we mounted it with the french cleat onto the wall
20220206_175410.jpg

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend hours trying to make this hobby more cost effective So I'll probably continue to do the same in the coming year. Or at least come up with better excuses that justify the expense.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
growing everywhere

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is to start hunting a Choati Leopard for my 3’ SPS tank in February/March… Maybe even January. Just the question of how long that’ll take, I mean hunting a trio of pink streaks wasn’t nice to do.

My other move is to hopefully get more SPS into the tank. Currently I’m sat with 8-9 frags and one that I would say is a mini colony. And if I can’t get one this year then I’ll probably still be hunting a blue squamosa to go with my “Golden” Deresa.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is to start hunting a Choati Leopard for my 3’ SPS tank in February/March… Maybe even January. Just the question of how long that’ll take, I mean hunting a trio of pink streaks wasn’t nice to do.

My other move is to hopefully get more SPS into the tank. Currently I’m sat with 8-9 frags and one that I would say is a mini colony. And if I can’t get one this year then I’ll probably still be hunting a blue squamosa to go with my “Golden” Deresa.

I still need to get the parameters in my cube right, but I want to try sps!

r0s.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 2023 im upgrading my current IM NUVO40 to a MODE infinity 100G. Order had been placed with ETA delivery early December :)

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back