2024 DOS vs. Versa

  • Thread starter Thread starter SeeFu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SeeFu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2019
Messages
979
Reaction score
246
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had a chance to compare the new DOS to the Versa? I'm primarily concerned about continuous dosing and how quiet the systems are.
 
I have the new DOS and a bunch of versas. Both are almost dead silent. The old DOS is much much louder. I'm using the new DOS for 10gal per day auto water changes. I don't think the versa can handle that volume.
 
versa can do 300ml/min. if it can do that continue, that comes out to 120 gal/day
 
I checked the Ecotech website, it’s rated for 200ml per minute for continuous duty which is 78 gal per day, plenty for auto water changes.
 
I am at a cross roads. I prefer Versa and have 6. I also have many DOS. But, I use my Versa for my CARX and Kalk. However, I cannot control the dosage while away from my house. Because of this, I think I will have to get a get the new dos, as I haven’t heard of the Versa is going to have a way to be accessed while remote.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new