20G Long Build

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will probably be a couple more years before I can start my 180G+ build so I convinced the wife to left me do a 20 long in the meantime.
I ordered some stuff from BRS with their BF sale. Still have more to order, hoping more sales kick in.

Here is the plan.
20G long display
10 gallon sump/refugium
Stand made of extra wood I already had.
Fijicube overflow
Lighting: 2 x 24" Current USA IC Loop
Wave: Undecided, probably 2 small jebao or current usa pumps
For sump thinking just a refugium section. Possibly throwing in a small uv I have sitting in storage.

Waiting for a lot of supplies to come in, but I got the rock work done this weekend.
1122191955 (1).jpg

Plan is for the tank to be right next to the couch, always having a great view while watching tv. Main reason for choosing the current usa lights. Don't want lights sticking up right next to the couch, and to keep a lower profile for where it is in the room.
1123191008.jpg

Still lots to do, hopefully all plumbing/sump/overflow stuff will be in by this next weekend and I can work on it some more.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jeeperreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is up and running! Ordered some lights and pumps yesterday, should be here towards the end of the week. Starting the cycle with some Microbacter Start XLM and ammonia. Hopefully it wont take long to cycle.

1129191431.jpg
looking good. is that vibrant see down in your stand ? i have using this for awhile and i love it.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally go my lights in. Went with current usa marine orbit lights. 2 x the newer version. Also got 2 of their 660gph wave pumps and the blue tooth controller to run it all. Like it all so far, will have to play around with it some more. The wave pumps have decent flow. Should be plenty for softies and lps. Tank is cycled, used Microbacter Start XLM. I will give it til next weekend and then make a trip to the LFS if everything stays in line.

Here is the scape.
1206192053_HDR (1).jpg

And here is its spot, right next to the couch.
1206192055.jpg

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank, stand , and scape look great!! What types of corals will/can you grow with the orbits?
Thanks! I'm going to stick with mostly softies and LPS. Once tank is more mature, I think I will try a couple easier SPS. Higher on the rocks and centered. The orbits have decent par numbers, and a 20L is only 12" tall.
Looking great! I like the scape.
Thanks!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.8%
Back