OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been going back and forth with skimmer/fuge. Could do both, could do neither, or one of em. I have the sump space so i decided for now to go with a skimmer. So I picked this up this week. Going to run the air line out of the stand, to get fresh air in the sump area.
1219191803.jpg

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in love with your rock work. I wish mine was a little more like yours.
Thanks. Was easier to do than I thought it would be. Had super glue and accelerator. Hammer and chisel the rocks. Went together and got design fairly easy.

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I will be following. FYI I ran 2x current usa orbits over my 20l I upgraded from and sps just woud not take.
Good to know. Have been thinking about making a small canopy and the retro fitting in a blue plus t5.

Fishbike13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! quick question on water level with the fijicube overflow. I am doing a 20l as well, and assuming you used the 400gph overflow kit, how far below the trim does your waterline sit? did you have to space the external box to raise it at all?

OP
OP
gotwins86

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water line was right at the trim. That is with me drilling a little high. I had to cut the top of the outside gasket flat so it would fit under the trim. That has been good, zero leaks. I did end up gluing a small price of plastic in the internal overflow, to slightly raise the water level. Probably gained a quarter inch and water level is now above the trim.

Mindset

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water line was right at the trim. That is with me drilling a little high. I had to cut the top of the outside gasket flat so it would fit under the trim. That has been good, zero leaks. I did end up gluing a small price of plastic in the internal overflow, to slightly raise the water level. Probably gained a quarter inch and water level is now above the trim.
Any chance you could share a photo? I'm preparing a 40G build and am wondering about the trim interfering with the fiji overflow. I've been trying to contact the company for 3 days to no avail to see if there is an adapter. As much as I love the look of their overflow.... I'm a bit frustrated with their support.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back