20g Reef Lighting

NicksTanks223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my 20g Reef tank a little over a month ago. About a 2 weeks ago I added 2 clownfish. My water has been good and still is good. Yesterday I added 2 corals. I do admit I forgot the name of one of them, but the other one is some type of zoanthid. Everything is going good and I have lots of algae growing on the rocks and glass. There is also hair algae growing on the rocks closest to the light. I have been running it on a inconsistent schedule because I don’t have a timer for it yet. Probably about 12-14 hours a day. I usually run just white lights during the day and then blue/purple lights at night. The lights I have are LED and they came with the tank. It’s the JBJ 20g Cubey. Is there any specific colors I should run and for how long? And I need to know some basic things for lighting, how long, what colors are good.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photosynthetic corals require mainly the blue/violet peaks for their process.
A small amount of the red/green colors (in some cases controlled individually and in some cases mixed with white)
In my case I use 100% blue/violet and 20% white/red/green for 9 hours per day, the rest dark.
EFD0DECF-E998-4422-95BB-64E20E354131.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back