20gal long Chalice placement

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a couple of new frags today but I’m not sure where I should place the robokaki chalice. Please help!
C35203B5-8207-4A34-82FD-995D673FD7D4.jpeg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your lighting intensity but generally speaking, the bottom half of the tank should be ok.
+1 on lighting and make sure to keep distance between the chalice and other corals
I have the Fluval Sea Marine LED 3.0 as my current lighting. I run blue and purple at 100% for almost 14 hours a day. Fulvals website claims that about 6” down the tank is roughly 100 PAR so I based it off of that assuming their PAR measurement was taken when the light was on “full blast.” Because I don’t use the white light at above around 60%, I assume the PAR is a bit lower in my tank at that 6” level. The white seems to overpower the blue on this light. I know that this info won’t give me an exact answer still, but based off of that info, do you think it’s okay where it’s at? I have it at what should be around 100 PAR. They sit maybe an inch lower than my ricordeas which seems to really like their lighting as of now. If robokakis typically require more light than a ricordea would, I can move it up a bit. I moved the mushrooms that were above it, so there’s more room now and it shouldn’t be able to reach anything to sting. My tank stands at around 13” in height with the water being around 10” in height. So the coral is about 8” below the light, but only 5” below the water.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back