210 Clownfish Harem Build



10 Month mark, so far so good! Just wanted to update on how the tank was doing. Lot's of challenges, but surprisingly it isn't even the clownfishes that are the hard part. If I could do it again, I probably wouldn't have used macro algae, or stacked such high pillars. The macro brought a huge hydroid problem, that thankfully seems to be receeding, the pillars made light balancing impossible with so many anemones on the bottom. I actually did move the rocks around a bit after this video. Will have some more updates soon hopefully.
 


10 Month mark, so far so good! Just wanted to update on how the tank was doing. Lot's of challenges, but surprisingly it isn't even the clownfishes that are the hard part. If I could do it again, I probably wouldn't have used macro algae, or stacked such high pillars. The macro brought a huge hydroid problem, that thankfully seems to be receeding, the pillars made light balancing impossible with so many anemones on the bottom. I actually did move the rocks around a bit after this video. Will have some more updates soon hopefully.

Did you do anything to get rid of the hydroids? Once again great tank. Miss the macro algae but if they brought the hydroids...
 


10 Month mark, so far so good! Just wanted to update on how the tank was doing. Lot's of challenges, but surprisingly it isn't even the clownfishes that are the hard part. If I could do it again, I probably wouldn't have used macro algae, or stacked such high pillars. The macro brought a huge hydroid problem, that thankfully seems to be receeding, the pillars made light balancing impossible with so many anemones on the bottom. I actually did move the rocks around a bit after this video. Will have some more updates soon hopefully.


Such a cool tank man!
 
Did you do anything to get rid of the hydroids? Once again great tank. Miss the macro algae but if they brought the hydroids...

Right now the small hydroids are still there, fortunately they are the digitate kind, and at some point should disappear now that my bioload isn't as big. The single long stringy ones have all but died, I still have the small flower looking ones all over. I tried fenbendazole method and I did notice a large amount die off, but at the same time it killed my GSP and Xenia, they ultimately ended up coming back. The tank really was a stew in the day time for them to get plenty of food which I believe is what caused the outbreak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new