OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks awesome. Im going to be doing a full custom big 210 gallon cube very similar to yours. Can you talk about the equipment and your thoughts behind the configurations you chose? Budget isnt a problem for me either.

Awesome!
It may not seem that way to some but budget is always a factor in purchases.
I'm a bug believer in spending the money up front on the nicer better quality stuff. Every piece of equipment out I've tried just about every brand and found what I liked and did not like.
I deal with aquariums for a living and do a lot of maintenance and service so I have a lot of experience with equipment.
One of the biggest chice factors in my equipment is the company itself.
I'm very big on warranty and the service behind the product. I also try and stuck with German or US made products just because I believe the quality and longevity is much higher than from China products.
Ecotech is hands down the benchmark for customer service in this hobby. I've had issues with stuff from them yes every company will have issues but how they handle it is the real determining factor.
They have always been more than willing to help whenever an issue occurs.
As far as dastaco I love the he's behind it and with my first one I had issues with it and the owner from Belgium personally called me and walk me through the steps on how to fix it.
If you have any questions about equipment in particular let me know I can answer them more in depth.

drcrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly i was hoping to find out more about how you planned to tackle nutrient maintenance and water quality for corals. My plan was kaulkwasser in ATO, refugium, skimmer and thats it. You appear to be doing more with reactors and such. What’s your plan with those?

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly i was hoping to find out more about how you planned to tackle nutrient maintenance and water quality for corals. My plan was kaulkwasser in ATO, refugium, skimmer and thats it. You appear to be doing more with reactors and such. What’s your plan with those?

Over the years I've developed a more simplistic approach I plan on just running the calcium reactor and doing water changes probably once a month.
as far as nutrient export the skimmer of the refugee in the water changes pretty much take care of that.
I do run carbon 24/7 buy more or less just for clarity.
I used a kalk reactor on my grow out system and it worked great but since I put a disc taco on that I haven't needed it and plan on selling it soon.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Over the years I've developed a more simplistic approach I plan on just running the calcium reactor and doing water changes probably once a month.
as far as nutrient export the skimmer of the refugee in the water changes pretty much take care of that.
I do run carbon 24/7 buy more or less just for clarity.
I used a kalk reactor on my grow out system and it worked great but since I put a disc taco on that I haven't needed it and plan on selling it soon.

What carbon do you run and how much?

I always have problems when I start trying to use it with BRS Rox and I started at 1/5 of their recommendation for a SPS dominanted tank

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What carbon do you run and how much?

I always have problems when I start trying to use it with BRS Rox and I started at 1/5 of their recommendation for a SPS dominanted tank

I use acurel extreme carbon, Im.unsure of how much as I just fill the reactor completely sonit cannot move. I would guess about 1/2 gallon or so.

It's a larger pellet carbon so it can take alot of flow and not run thru the reactor

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! I really like the white stand and walls and the fireplace. Nice craftsmanship! Can’t wait to see it full!
The cabinet is so meticulous and clean! That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.1%
Back