OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to filter the pics, they come out almost pure blue when I take them, I use a Canon EOS650D

Glued the new bits down and added the fifth Hydra today :thumbsup:

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put this frag in my tank a week ago, check out the growth - pics taken exactly one week apart

Acro1wk%20growth.jpg

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ill take weekly shots of this one, this is 0, 1week and 3 weeks in the life of a frag

Acro3wk%20growth.png

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was looking terrible and found out that my bio pellet reactor went rank...not sure what happened but its gone all black - look at the contents!

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yikes! Hope things recover quick for you.

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since updates, well what a year and rough past few months with this tank but its now finally stable after the crash and on the mend. After the biopellet mishap ive gone back to rowaphos, carbon and siporax in the sump and this combo is working great. I add continuum bac fortnightly and now have Fauna Marin supps for color to play with...have to tinker with something :)

Happy to report all the algae is now gone, its was OVERRUN badly that it looked like a planted tank lol but all clear....anyways here's to a new year and some pics of the corals that survived :thumbsup:

Morning shot with just two blue tubes on..
IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0859_1.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was looking terrible and found out that my bio pellet reactor went rank...not sure what happened but its gone all black - look at the contents!

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

This black is usually caused by to low of flow through the chamber and the bacteria quickly use up all available O2 and start to die off and clump. This reduces flow even more and creates an anaerobic and if really bad anoxic environment. This will then leach toxic byproducts into your tank and possibly use up your O2 in the main tank and could cause a PH swing. Sometimes it can also be caused by using to many bio balls causing clumping and die off that also reduces waterflow that used up O2. All in all not a good situation as you found out. :(

Glad it is rebounding. :)

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep thats exactly what happened, I turned the reactor down too low and before I knew it things went down hill.

So...down here its cheaper and easier for us to buy corals than frags - here is what a trip to the LFS resulted in :)

These are fresh from the box at the LFS to my tank, they werent even unpacked at the store yet!

IMG_0894a.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible. Those dimensions are exactly what I want. Wow

OP
OP
Rodneyri

Rodneyri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks hatfielj...do it, maybe bigger :)

Sunny, the corals were groing well yup, but the color of the light was a bit too purple...couldnt dial in a nice blue, the HD seems to be bluer than the standard 52's. And as many as I had I still think coverage was an issue front to back as the corals at the back werent responding too well. Final point, when the LEDs were off my house lights were showing reds and pinks that were washed out under the LED, as soon as I put the T5 up bang lots more finer colors show up. I do like LED, I just prefer T5 and how good does a single light unit look above the tank instead of a bunch of LED pods!

Back