210g Things with Stings

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally are in the home stretch. This darn tank took about 4 years to finish due to surgeries and what not. Now it's time to stock!

tank4_zps9a31df88.jpg

Current Specs:
* 210 gallon peninsula display
* 55 gallon "outdoor sump"
* 4-way Oceans Motions on closed loop.
* Reeflo Dart on closed loop
* Reeflo Dart/Snapper Gold Hybrid main pump.
* 1/2 hp chiller
* Neptune Apex Gold Package
* Genesis RENEW Automatic Water Changer
* Orphek Atlantik Wireless LEDs

tank3_zpsbdcf7976.jpg

tankkitchen_zpse9f700b9.jpg

tank_zps42214b72.jpg

Last edited:

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAN .. That is my ultimate setup dream location. I love peninsula tanks set up as a little divider between two rooms that are used a lot. One day .... One day
Great tank! What are your plans for it ?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It's going to have lions and scorps.

Because it's basically in the TV room, it needed to be silent. So we planned on putting the sump outside, through the walls.

At first, this was going to contain the sump.

f47f8248-1.jpg

93b86373.jpg

Instead we decided to go with a "sump shed". It was scary drilling a 4" hole in m wall.

IMG_1000001016.jpg

Last edited:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank looks amazing, is it going to be fish only or are you going to do a few corals too? You should look at the Species Spotlight that Reef Lounge did, they have a really awesome looking Weedy Scorpionfish.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going to be coral as well with primarily softies and LPS. I would have something in there now, but we have some micro bubbles we have to solve this weekend.

It's going to be primarily medium size critters. The frondosa would be able to eat them, if he wanted. Mine could suck in a small orange. We have some of the fish already and they are more than tired of their small JBJs. We also have a 100g we just started in another room and that will have a 2 rhinos and a volitans.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will have a radiata and a sphex.

radiataandsphex900.jpg

An antennata

qsantenatta.jpg

Mombasae

mom900-1-1-1.jpg

A fuzzy lion. Maybe a pair, but I'm debating. When a pair was in another tank and started breeding, they got mean to every other fish, especially the bottom dealing Fu Manchu. I figure he must constantly get to close to their clutch of eggs.

Bubbles? What bubbles? I don't see no stinking bubbles?

IMG_9238.jpg

Barberi. This is the guy we're debating on. The mombasae and him didn't get along. This guy turned into an arsehole or they were both males. There's no way to visually check the sex of these 2. Fuzzy lions are suppose to be sexable, but I diagree with the black and white criteria that's printed "out there".

hawaiiancanihaz900.jpg

Last lion, the Fu Manchu

fufrozen700.jpg

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Fu Man Chu! Have you ever thought about doing a ray tank?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my tanks have ever been aquascaped for a ray. I know zero about them.

The Fu is one of my favs. Amazing personality. He would quiver his fins and move his dorsal spines like little fingers.

I just came back from Home Depot and couldn't find what I needed. I need a PVC hook.... thingie. I guess I should look up it's actual name. The Home Depot guy was looking at me pretty strangely, while I was explaining.

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my tanks have ever been aquascaped for a ray. I know zero about them.

The Fu is one of my favs. Amazing personality. He would quiver his fins and move his dorsal spines like little fingers.

I just came back from Home Depot and couldn't find what I needed. I need a PVC hook.... thingie. I guess I should look up it's actual name. The Home Depot guy was looking at me pretty strangely, while I was explaining.

You mean the J Hook cts hangers?

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got the Orphek Atlantik. I think I've invented new curse words, trying to get this right.

Haha I've never cursed like I've cursed when working on my tanks. I'm sorry, I don't know much about Orpheks, but if you post a question in the LED section there are some awesome peeps in there that know A LOT about LEDs . I'd try posting a question in there

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I've never cursed like I've cursed when working on my tanks. I'm sorry, I don't know much about Orpheks, but if you post a question in the LED section there are some awesome peeps in there that know A LOT about LEDs . I'd try posting a question in there

I have to admit, I've never researched too much about LEDs. I'll have to peek in there. I also have to admit, I don't know much about about the "atmosphere" on this site. On some, the LED people are mean! LOL!!! Are y'all mean? :)

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I definitely understand the concern, but you don't have to worry. The reason why I love this forum so much is because of it's helpful, polite, and gracious members. There are some great people here who could help you out. Go ahead and post your question! Ask away :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back