OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank

Hey Rev! It is a Perfecto brand tank. Looking forward to "skinning" the stand. I really enjoy the finish work. I don't much care for the structural part but that is the most important part! When it is finally finished maybe you could make a trip down south and check it out! I 'm 136 miles SE of Atlanta in Augusta.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool sounds good! I make a trip to FLA every year so maybe then. ;)

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another pic update

Just a little update... I am going to the NASCAR races for the W/E so this is about it till next week. Just wanted to give you guys an update to prove that I am still working on it!
Scott
DSC_00055113.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMGosh! That stand is awesome man!! Since we live so close I will have to hit you up to make me one in the future! LOL!

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

Thanks Rev.. Still MUCH more trim work to be added as well as filling and sanding but I felt bad as I have not posted lately. Seems I have been in the shop till 12 or 1 in the morning...too tired to take pics...then back at it the next evening. I got to a good stopping point toninght , at a decent hour soo...

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update

Just a little note... Drilled the tank for the closed loop last night. Jeorge from Star Aquatics did the handy work. Looks great. No pics cause it's kinda hard to take pics of holes. I will add some later after the bulkheads are installed so they will show up.
Laters,
Scott

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...sweet stand you got there. I love the woodworking and I think it adds a nice touch. I'm not sure if you've mentioned it above but what color are you planning on staining or painting it? Great job.

Adam

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stand

I will burn th edges with a torch to blacken them up. This will fade into a Red Mahogany stain , all covered with a satin finish. As for the time frame, I gave up on that one a long time ago. The Wifey is getting a little ticked with all the $$$ going out and nothing in the Living Room yet. I ordered the 1/2 HP chiller last week...Ouch!!! (JBJ) In the garage is a Sequence Dart return pump, Pan World 200 pump for the closed loop. 2 additional 400 watt MH lights ( to be added to the 3 250's) , A Reef Octopus dual chamber calcium reactor....Where does all the money go? I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end.

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks and sounds like you're doing an awesome job so far. The burning and staining sounds like it will look awesome. I hear ya about the money going out....I was thinking the same thing even though I only have a 55 gallon and I don't run a sump. I kept thinking...dang it costs that much just for freaking lights :) I definitely think that it is well worth it in the end and will be for you as well. It's incredible being able to sit in my nice comfy recliner and looking at what a butt load of time, energy, and money has created. I haven't spent a dime on my tank in about 2 months and it's been nice to sit back, not spend money, and watch things grow for a bit.

Best of luck with it....

Adam

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
latest addition

The chiller is in the garage!! Man I need more time to finish this thing up! We spent all day today in Columbia SC breaking down a 180 reef! My back is killing me now !

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't be jealous everybody, but when I get my big tank going guess who I am going to contact about the stand. I live close enough to drive.

Read it and Weep!

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol

LOL Rev!! I did get a great deal of work done on the canopy last night. Hope to finish up the trim on it tonight. I recieved some sick favia and Monti caps today so I have some fragging to do. Hope I can salvage them though I have never fragged Favia before. Any ideas folks?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back