220 gal project begins..

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my 220 from the LFS today. Should be delivered by the end of the month.. I am heading to Lowes to pick up some concrete for the slab under the house. I am going to run 4 4x4's up to the joist. Will try to keep every one posted. Scott

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sssssaaaaaaweeeeetttttt!!!! 220 GALLONS!!!! phew........ sounds good :lol:

Yeah dont forget pics or the pic police will be right on your tail... :)

Steve

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Sorry... Real busy at the LFS this weekend as well as today. Back to school tomorow. Slab still hasn't been poured as of yet. I have lined up an electrician (brother-in-law) to come by and put GFCI receptacles (4) in the wall as well as add two 20 amp breakers into the fuse box. Ordered the Sequence Dart return pump today and we have a new sump/refugium being sent in. I am waiting to see the sump before making my decision. I didn't think you guys would be interested in seeing a pic of 6 sacks of concrete!LOL Thanks for all of the encouragement! , Scott

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new tank is soo much fun, but soo stressful! Just make sure you have gone over every detail twice before it gets wet! good luck!

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry

Sorry, no pics as of yet. I did get the electrical supplies purchased today and build the 2 x 6 foot frame for the slab. I got it tamped in and level. I have decided to keep my old stand and hood but I am considering moving the sump into the basement for a little more temp stability. I did not pour the cement because it is gettiting down to freezing tonight and want no problems with the set.

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Here we go.. This is the "crawl space/ shop...
DSC_00011563.jpg

Here is the "supervisor" and the form for the slab (note the wire mesh to reinforce the concrete)
DSC_00031565.jpg

Form 1/2 full and ready for wire mesh
DSC_00081570.jpg

Mesh in and more concrete being added.
DSC_00111573.jpg

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what she said!!

That's the same type of comment I get from the wife all the time...."what's taking soo long!?!" My brother in law is coming tomorrow morning to add two 20 amp breakers to the fuse box and run the wire for the 4 outlets that will run the tank (2 will be GFCI of course)

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrical

My brother in law came over and we installed 2 new outlet boxes ( on the left) Each contain one regular outlet and one GFCI outlet. Each box is on it's own 20 amp breaker newly installed in the fuse box.
DSC_00011577.jpg

follow3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Girders>>>

You should run those 4- 4x4's up to 2 horizontal 4x6's used as girders across the floor joists, if you want good support.

220 gallons will be a STRAIN on any wood floor.

Congrats on the new tank, post some pics of your progress.

Steve

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

Just a quick update. THE TANK CAME IN TODAY!!! Whoohoo! It sure feels great to have it in the garage. Now work can resume! Also I have recieved the Sequence Dart pump for the return, I bought 2 400 watt MH retros to add to the 3 250s I already have SOO the lighting is taken care of. I also ordered a Pan World PS 200 for the closed loop. It should be in next week (coming from Oregon) I am really excited about that pump. 3600 GPH Pressure pump. Shouldn't need ANY power heads in this thing! I will shoot some pics this W/E and bring you guys up to speed.
Laters,
Scott

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the tank

Finally satisfied with the tank-to-stand match up. Here it is. Gonna move the stand down to the basement shop for the fun part...pretty work.
DSC_00935107.jpg

DSC_00945108.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AWESOME TANK!!! Who made it?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back