OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

Thanks for all the cudos guys...Not looking for any awards, I have learned much since I set up the old 135 and tried to incorporate it all into the (hopefully) final tank of mine. Believe it or not the aquascape went like this... !=16 year old son pulling rocks from the old tank at my command ( I need a big one, I need a small one) The wife transferring from him to me. me leaning over the new tank ( no lights, murky water) placing the rocks. I gave much thought to the aquascaping before starting so I knew what I wanted it to look like.. (Hard to believe I had this much rock in a 135!) Believe it or not, this was what it looked like when I put the hood on and turned on the llights!! I haven't moved a single piece!! My Dad always said, "It's better to be lucky than good". Here's proof. Tonight I got the 2 skimmers in and running, plumbed the pump out under the house to the basement( Still need to plumb it outside the house) That's about it for the night.
Later guys and gals,
Scott

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like teamwork was the name of the game for you...always nice to have some helpers. My fiance is usually willing to help me with such tasks except for the time when I pulled a rock out and she saw a nice bristleworm hanging out of a cranny...that was the end of that :)

Can't believe you had all that rock in a 135g either....looks like a lot.

Keep us updated on the tank and pics of course.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Familyreefer...Hats Off to you for such an excellent job on this ongoing project!! Totally awesome...:p
(BTW...this forum is my favourite ... can you imagine getting a "Infraction" for being Off Topic on my local Online Forum...not Happy at all!!) You
guys Rock!!

Paul

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reactor

I got the reactor installed and on line tonight. That was the last of the under cabinet work to be done other than wire management and some lighting. Still need to plumb up the top off and salt water drums under the house. They are stubbed through the floor already so it shouldn't be too difficult. Gotta slow down a little now because of finals next 2 weeks at school. With the chiller, reactor, and skimmers all on line it should be fine.

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R/o

Got the R/O running under the house with the Mag 12 plumbed into the sump. Put a switch under the cabinet. Top off is as easy as flipping the switch and BANG! topped off. The float switch starts making more!! Always ready. Now for the salt bucket..(to be run the same way) I am waiting on the other Mag 12 I ordered the pond version as it has a 15 foot cord to reach from the floor of the basement up to the cabinet.

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures of my "bottom"

DSC_00185374.jpg

Closed loop pump (PS 200)
DSC_00175373.jpg

DSC_00145372.jpg

DSC_00135371.jpg

DSC_00125370.jpg

OP
OP
F

familyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New additions

Powder Brown
DSC_00105368.jpg

Powder Blue
DSC_00095367.jpg

Couple of "end shots"
DSC_00205376.jpg

DSC_00195375.jpg

Sorry about the lights MH had turned off already so these were actinic only

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back