225 gallon Lee-mar upgrade (in progress)

No complaints so far. I did do some upgrades to it but it would have been fine with out them. Main thing I did was add some fans to the top of the fixture. The spread is really nice on the fixture. I also suggest if you do upgrade to get a custom color. The plain grey isn't the nicest color. I had mine painted white w/ silver pearls.
 
Looks awesome man!
 
Skimmer is a vertex alpha kone 300 with a swabbie self cleaning head. I just ordered an extra tall skimmate locker from AVAST Marine. My skimmer will be as automated as it can be. I also ordered an extra tall (+14") mr5 reactor to run bio pellets. I am planning on running the ecobak pellets, so I may not need a fuge.
 
Thanks vnreef.

For everyone that has been asking, here is a FTS that I took tonight.
fts1of1October102010copycopy.jpg
looking really nice Ian... how's the Male Pylei keeping his colors?
 
The male pylei is looking really nice. It still has pretty much the same colors.
 
Skin almost done for the stand. I still need to have 2 doors hung on the skin. It should be done with in a couple weeks.
stand1of1November012010.jpg


The skin is made out of quartersawn Maple with an aluminum trim.
 
Thanks Hungriee, Greg who built the skin does great work. Here it is all finished.


ftssmallNovember152010.jpg
 
Cut the danm hanging wire, the tank looks amazing then you have the wire just hanging there.
 
Some updated shots
Emerald mummy eye
shots15of16November232010-2.jpg


AC war coral
shots10of16November232010-2.jpg


TEC watermelon
shots9of16November232010-2.jpg


shots8of16November232010-2.jpg


shots7of16November232010-2.jpg


shots14of16November232010-2.jpg


shots12of16November232010-2.jpg


shots6of16November232010-2.jpg


Some fish shots
shots5of16November232010-2.jpg


shots3of16November232010-2.jpg


shots4of16November232010-2.jpg


shots2of16November232010-2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new