24/7 filter floss between baffles

  • Thread starter Thread starter 03whiteg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

03whiteg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm thinking of running filter floss in between my baffle all the time I bought some in bulk and will be just replacing it every 2 days tops ? Reason for this is I struggle with a lot of air bubbles and particles and why not if there is no negative effects of running it 24/7 the oy negative I can think of is pods getting stuck ? But most of them are in the sand bed and rocks same applies for all the bacteria no ? Please give input thanks
 
It will slow your flow down enough to raise your water level in your sump. May throw off your skimmer if it's in sump. You'd be better off using a sponge. Like so....
4ec1d86185c4b8c95bb2f64f7c2b1c7b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new