240 build opinions

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’ll get clobbered, but I have a 240G from GlassCages, and really like it.
zero issues and under $1,000 (reg glass) for the tank only.

tuesdayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea makes amazing looking tanks, but if it were my money, I would get a longer tank

I would have someone fabricate me a steel-tube stand and look at custom built tanks.
This would be my advice as well. My wife and I are going to start a 220 at the beginning of the year also, and we decided to go custom...mainly because of the stand. We're just not comfortable with the Ikea style stands.

This one will let me sleep at night.
MVIMG_20191110_170632.jpg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60X30X22 tank and a 38" tall stand on order from them. Would love your feedback on your tank from them. Did you get their stand as well? What overflow system did you go with?
I am generally pleased with the tank. I used the Custom Aquariums H2 overflow for a while and then modded it by gluing 2 overflow boxes in I made. I got one of their wood stands. There is no way to put a large sump into the stand. The top and back are solid with 4 doors across the front. This didnt matter to me. Everything is in the fish room. You can get a steel stand from CA or a hybrid wood/steel one. I am sure my stand would hold a car.

Ask me again in 5-10 years but I have nothing negative to say about the build quality.
IMG_1925-XL.jpg

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a guy on facebook in the saltwater page that builds custom acrylic tanks. His prices are way better than those. He's in NC and I believe he personally delivers the tanks too if I'm not mistaken.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back