240g Miracles Build By PMG

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazingggg!!! I really like the clean look of this build. I can't even imagine how much time went into installing and organizing all of the electronics. Great job!

OP
OP
Advanced Reef Aquarium

Advanced Reef Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you decided what fish and corals will go in it?
The tank will be 95% SPS, and below is a list of fish currently in the tank. I probably won't be adding many more fish (please don't quote me on that) lol

Achilles Tang
Red Sea Purple Tang
Magnificent Fox-face
Australian Harlequin Tusk
(2) Black and White Clowns
(3) Lyretail Anthias
(2) Pajama Cardinals

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed! I will be ordering a Miracles tank in the near future, between 180g and 240g. Can you explain your decision to "not" go with a rimless? I am curious, as I was kicking around a rimless this time, but I do love the euro-bracing of my Oceanic Tech tank. I would just like to hear your pro's and con's of rimless. Thanks in advance! Fantastic build so far.

OP
OP
Advanced Reef Aquarium

Advanced Reef Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed! I will be ordering a Miracles tank in the near future, between 180g and 240g. Can you explain your decision to "not" go with a rimless? I am curious, as I was kicking around a rimless this time, but I do love the euro-bracing of my Oceanic Tech tank. I would just like to hear your pro's and con's of rimless. Thanks in advance! Fantastic build so far.
I didn't go with a rimless for a few reasons. Mostly because I don't like how almost every time you stick your arm down in the tank water inevitably ends up running down the front of the glass. I know that happens often with any tank, but it was almost a given with my past rimless tanks. I also just really like the nice clean look of the polished euro brace. It makes a great armrest, shelf, and maybe has even stopped a fish or two from jumping. I'm also just a little hesitant to build a tank this big rimless and expect it to last. That's a lot of stress, and probably more deflection and distortion in the front viewing pane then I would want. Oh... and it probably would have cost a lot more :)

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank will be 95% SPS, and below is a list of fish currently in the tank. I probably won't be adding many more fish (please don't quote me on that) lol

Achilles Tang
Red Sea Purple Tang
Magnificent Fox-face
(3) Lyretail Anthias
(2) Pajama Cardinals

!!!!! Achilles tang is my most favorite fish ever!!!!!! That is awesome!

I also like the harlequin tusks, pajama cardinals are so neat

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the immediate response! Points well taken and I think I will follow your advice and save some cash myself!! With the glass euro-bracing, it virtually looks rimless anyways ;) Again beautiful build!!

OP
OP
Advanced Reef Aquarium

Advanced Reef Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!!!! Achilles tang is my most favorite fish ever!!!!!! That is awesome!

I also like the harlequin tusks, pajama cardinals are so neat
The Achilles was a fish I always wanted, but was always hesitant to add one to an established tank with other tangs, or I just never came across a healthy specimen. This was a perfect opportunity.
The tusk is a beautiful fish, but comes with some sacrifices in a reef tank. The Tidal Gardens greenhouse has had a harlequin tusk for awhile now, and it's just one of the coolest fish to watch. I finally came to the conclusion that this was a fish I would make the sacrifices for, and so far it's worked out.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Achilles Tang
Red Sea Purple Tang
Magnificent Fox-face
(3) Lyretail Anthias
(2) Pajama Cardinals

I'm glad to see a minimalistic approach with your fantastic fish choices!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Coral Dreams

ULTRA REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no video updates since May 4, 2013 you must have something now. Even just video of the fish swimming around would be good :)

OP
OP
Advanced Reef Aquarium

Advanced Reef Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no video updates since May 4, 2013 you must have something now. Even just video of the fish swimming around would be good :)
The video we shot of the tank yesterday is being post processed now and should be up soon.
I wanted the tank to get through the ugly diatom phase before we shot another video.

gordonj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Achilles was a fish I always wanted, but was always hesitant to add one to an established tank with other tangs, or I just never came across a healthy specimen. This was a perfect opportunity.
The tusk is a beautiful fish, but comes with some sacrifices in a reef tank. The Tidal Gardens greenhouse has had a harlequin tusk for awhile now, and it's just one of the coolest fish to watch. I finally came to the conclusion that this was a fish I would make the sacrifices for, and so far it's worked out.

Great choices! I can't wait to see the video!

I understand the willingness to make sacrifices for a fish. I have a green spotted puffer in my reef tank. So, I can't have any tube worms, or invertebrates other than certain species of hermit crab and hardy snails. He is fine with all my corals though so we are all good! I remember the first time he sampled a zoanthid haha! He zipped around the tank probably 100 times and ran I to a bunch of stuff. Must have been trippy! Hahaha :)

It's really worth it if you enjoy the fish. The sacrifices you have to make are small compared to the joy you will get from watching him :D

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build! Did you guys build the poly sump and refugium yourself, or did you have them made by someone?

hllywd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look. I'm actually thinking of downsizing to a little smaller, higher end rimless, or Euro braced tank from my AGA 210. Your stand unit is similar to what I have in mind, only I'm thinking floor to ceiling on the ends in about 14' of wall space. I was in the area last week so I took the opportunity to attend MACNA on Sunday and filled my head with some cool ideas! More immediately I need to organize my wiring better and love your clean look, what is the gray organizer thing called? Any chance of a link? Thanks!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back