240g Miracles Build By PMG

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build, nice and tidy. Also, subscribed to the channels on tube.

Following along for the ride also..

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love love love love Than's videos!!!! Great way to do a build! You're a beast building that stand, I loved watching that. I also believe that less fish is better for the long term health of the reef. I love big corals. As much as you think you are getting a ton of flow, there still isn't enough and you can never ever keep all the particular matter in suspension. For that reason, I would minimize the number of fish to 15-20, or slightly more if you avoid any big fish (Tangs, Foxface, etc) In my 400 gallon (I feel like I'm overstocked) I have an 10 inch sailfin, 2 medium sized purple tangs, one medium sized yellow tang, one six inch magnificent fox face, one 5 inch Regal Angle, one 4 inch Bellas Angel, 4 Anthia's, 2 Filefish, 1 fire fish, 1 Mandarin, 1 Potters wrasse, 1 blenny wrasse, one orange spotted goby and an XL twenty year old maroon clown. I have a ton of fine particulate that I end up siphoning out once a month. My tank has been set up since 2005, and a powerhead on the rock causes a blizzard of silt. I feed once a day. I only wish I could pull everything out and dunk rinse the rock into a large container. If I could do that *or if you could* get as many fish as you want ;) Great build! Good luck!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic build! I really love the 2 tier filtration! Very well thought out.

OP
OP
Advanced Reef Aquarium

Advanced Reef Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup! Do you have corals in it yet?
I do. I have stocked the tank with fish/coral from the old tank as well as some new acquisitions.
The coral is not much to look at currently as it's still adjusting to the new environment (mainly the LED lighting, and me trying to get everything dialed in)
I'd post some still Pics, but we just filmed another video this morning. As soon as the video is ready to go, I'll share it here. It will do the tank much more justice.

Bao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Beautiful tank you have there.
If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions of your overflow box?
You asked for the tank to be built with 3/4 inches glass panels or it has to be done with 3/4" to be safe? The reason I am asking is that I thought for shallow tank (24" tall or less), the side panels can be done with 1/2" glass?

Thanks,
Bao

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rad! I have had the privilege to see this build/setup several times now in person and it is awesome (I even had the privilege of carrying the tank in the house and making a cameo in one of the videos :) ). It is hard to get a perspective on how big the stand and sumps are in video/pictures. And as you can tell the attention to detail is top notch!

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking notes every step of the way, this is my dream build. Looks awesome so far

OP
OP
Advanced Reef Aquarium

Advanced Reef Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Beautiful tank you have there.
If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions of your overflow box?
You asked for the tank to be built with 3/4 inches glass panels or it has to be done with 3/4" to be safe? The reason I am asking is that I thought for shallow tank (24" tall or less), the side panels can be done with 1/2" glass?

Thanks,
Bao
The overflow is 16" wide x 8" front/back. I made it extra deep so I had plenty of clearance around the euro brace to get my hands down inside the box and to just simply get the standpipes installed.
I didn't specifically ask for the 3/4" glass. It's just how Miracles designed it. I do however have an extra layer of comfort knowing it's a heavy duty tank, and that it should last a very long time. Could it have been made out of 1/2" ? Probably. A Marineland DD 300 is 27" tall and made from 1/2". I think every manufacture has their own take on glass thickness, but every quote I got from the major players in the industry all recomended 3/4" glass for this particular tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow this is one awesome advanced reef aquarium build! :D

pam0630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a dream tank...i would love love love to have something like that one day..........i would love to have the money and the patience im sure to get something like your system up and going...
i would love to have that room to put gorgeous fish in.....the standards id put a couple yellow tangs, of course the blonde naso tang.....lots of chromis, def some beautiful reef safe angels..........my goodness i just cant imagine,,,,please keep us updated........gorgeous

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 185 72.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back