240G Peninsula Stand and Canopy Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter bdesign
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
BTW - I'm not convinced that I would recommend floating the canopy idea... Although I do prefer / like the aesthetic, the visibility (and light spill of) the lights really bugs me.

Given the chance to redo, I THINK I would have done a "traditional" canopy that rests against the tank top.

Then again, I never take the opportunity to do things the simplest and most obvious way - I must subconsciously like trauma, heartbreak and tears.

I agree - I must be old school, or just old! (been in the hobby about 28 yrs) Cause I don't get the trend for exposed lights for that primary reason. Plus for me it detracts focus from the display. The only tank I've seen that the open top/exposed lighting looks good is:
I'm in the planning stages of a similiar 550 Triton tank. Thanks for this great thread.
 
I couldn't take it any more:

Canopy.jpg
Now that's awesome! Nice choice IMO!
 
I'm the other way 'round... I'll never fight another canopy in my way when I need to get into my tank. Same concept... I like short and fat tanks. Easy to reach, don't get my sleeves wet, no need for a snorkel to clean my tank. Probably why I like peninsula tanks so well, too.

Light spill? Eh. Doesn't bother me.

TankView101320.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new