24g Nano by Peef

Peef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got turned on to this site! I like it so far! Anywho here is my 24g nano. It is almost a year old. Let me know what you think.

100_0091.jpg

100_0103.jpg

100_0090.jpg

100_1032.jpg

100_0044.jpg

Okeewanfonokee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! Zoa colony looks very nice. Is that just a lighting effect or is that green and yellow skirts mixed together on same zoa rock?

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the white coral on the back wall near the surface?

Sweet looking tank...what kind of lighting are you using? That monti is out of control, lucky you...I traded my monti's in, not enough light with the stock lights..it was growing but at such a slow rate, I would be wearing DEPENDS by the time it grew an inch...no way jose.

What are your tank specs<----lighting, upgrades etc etc??

Steve

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sweet looking tank...what kind of lighting are you using? That monti is out of control, lucky you...I traded my monti's in, not enough light with the stock lights..it was growing but at such a slow rate, I would be wearing DEPENDS by the time it grew an inch...no way jose.

Steve

Thats Xenia youre referring to. Peef has the 150 watt Sunpod metal halides. I started my tank and he helped me out so I have most of the same haha

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's xenia??? Wow, it looks stumpy and short looking, maybe it's just the camera angle, I know that stuff can take over a tank but I still wouldn't mind some of it growing on the back wall instead of just the LR. It just shows that your tank is really taking off, I can dig it.

Steve

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to get mine on the glass in the nano since I set it up and still no luck yet! Goota new idea whenever I frag some off later this week!

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a small piece of xenia I got for free from a fellow reefer that was doing a little bit of trimming in his monster tank. I just recently stuck mine up near the surface, close to the back wall, want to see if it takes hold like yours. I think with that and the coralline starting to grow, I'll be happy finally.

I like how you took that FTS of your tank from that angle, sorta throws you off while looking at it, like that picture of the neverending staircases going sideways, up/down etc etc.

Steve

OP
OP
P

Peef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank! Zoa colony looks very nice. Is that just a lighting effect or is that green and yellow skirts mixed together on same zoa rock?

It is green and yellow! I love em. I got those from a few people but the green is from perfect dark on SWF and they have started morphing into dual color skirts.

Its Xenia. I also have blue steel palys and reg paly's on the back wall. I am starting a fad of placing corals on the back wall to create depth of field.

Steve

I have the nano cube 150w HQI upgrade hood. I added 2 18w Actinics in the hood as well to give better color. I also have a nano arctica chiller. A hydor flow rotating power head and a koralia nano PW in the tank for flow.

o man nice pics and awsome tanks! welcome to r2r
Thanks alot!!!

Yeaaaaah!!! Peef joined!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

love the cap in the middle!

Thanks alot! That cap started about the size of a quarter FIVE months ago. Now it is bigger than my hand!!!!!!

oh oh what is peef doing here?

YO YO YO DAWG!

Been trying to get mine on the glass in the nano since I set it up and still no luck yet! Goota new idea whenever I frag some off later this week!

Get a rock with the xenia on it and just lean it a way that it wedges the xenia between the wall and the rock. It will transfer itself!

OP
OP
P

Peef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bunch of new corals in! Cin palys, PPE, Rainbow acan, emerald sunrise paly, 007 golden eye zoas, a freaken bunch of stuff. More pics to come.

100_0510.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back