25 Peninsula Aquascape (First attempt) - What do ya'll think?

Kiara_Pyrenei

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P6270046.JPG

Well, here's my attempt at an aquascape for my very first tank. The two islands at the front I plan on setting aside for GSP and pulsing Xenia, and overall I'm looking to start with a Softie/LPS tank, though I'd like to keep my options option for a couple SPS in the future when I'm more knowledgable. Tried to the kind of horizontal shelf look with something a bit more random/natural looking, and did my best to keep in mind coral mounting and fish habitat while trying to balance getting as much rock as possible for biofilter purposes while having as much negative space as I could mange for viewing fish and flow.

This is the result!

P6270050.JPG

I'm a total newbie, so I'd love to see what more advanced reefers think, if theres any glaring issues I didn't think of :D

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m pretty new as well but that looks really cool to me! Lots of places to mount corals and for fish to hide.

My only thought is that the top might end up being really close to the water line which means there won’t be much you can put there.

I look forward to watching you grow this tank!

OP
OP
Kiara_Pyrenei

Kiara_Pyrenei

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty new as well but that looks really cool to me! Lots of places to mount corals and for fish to hide.

My only thought is that the top might end up being really close to the water line which means there won’t be much you can put there.

I look forward to watching you grow this tank!
Hmmm I could see that. I tried to hit the 2/3 height mark but i think i went a little over ahaha. BUT i think it wont be super difficult to remove that little top piece if I really find I need to ahahah

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmmm I could see that. I tried to hit the 2/3 height mark but i think i went a little over ahaha. BUT i think it wont be super difficult to remove that little top piece if I really find I need to ahahah

Yeah remember your water height will be an inch or so below the edge of the glass. It looks like you'll be RIGHT there lol

I really like the look of it though!

OP
OP
Kiara_Pyrenei

Kiara_Pyrenei

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah remember your water height will be an inch or so below the edge of the glass. It looks like you'll be RIGHT there lol

I really like the look of it though!
Hmmm yeah I'll have to consider that. Maybe I can just put some encrusting sps up there one day XD XD. Or one day i'll just knock the top off XD

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back