25 Peninsula Aquascape (First attempt) - What do ya'll think?

Kiara_Pyrenei

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Messages
69
Reaction score
88
Location
Nagoya, Japan
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P6270046.JPG

Well, here's my attempt at an aquascape for my very first tank. The two islands at the front I plan on setting aside for GSP and pulsing Xenia, and overall I'm looking to start with a Softie/LPS tank, though I'd like to keep my options option for a couple SPS in the future when I'm more knowledgable. Tried to the kind of horizontal shelf look with something a bit more random/natural looking, and did my best to keep in mind coral mounting and fish habitat while trying to balance getting as much rock as possible for biofilter purposes while having as much negative space as I could mange for viewing fish and flow.

This is the result!

P6270050.JPG


I'm a total newbie, so I'd love to see what more advanced reefers think, if theres any glaring issues I didn't think of :D
 
I’m pretty new as well but that looks really cool to me! Lots of places to mount corals and for fish to hide.

My only thought is that the top might end up being really close to the water line which means there won’t be much you can put there.

I look forward to watching you grow this tank!
 
I’m pretty new as well but that looks really cool to me! Lots of places to mount corals and for fish to hide.

My only thought is that the top might end up being really close to the water line which means there won’t be much you can put there.

I look forward to watching you grow this tank!
Hmmm I could see that. I tried to hit the 2/3 height mark but i think i went a little over ahaha. BUT i think it wont be super difficult to remove that little top piece if I really find I need to ahahah
 
Hmmm I could see that. I tried to hit the 2/3 height mark but i think i went a little over ahaha. BUT i think it wont be super difficult to remove that little top piece if I really find I need to ahahah

Yeah remember your water height will be an inch or so below the edge of the glass. It looks like you'll be RIGHT there lol

I really like the look of it though!
 
Yeah remember your water height will be an inch or so below the edge of the glass. It looks like you'll be RIGHT there lol

I really like the look of it though!
Hmmm yeah I'll have to consider that. Maybe I can just put some encrusting sps up there one day XD XD. Or one day i'll just knock the top off XD
 
Love the aquascape design!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new