250G DD SPS Reef

Looks good man! Subscribed!

I only have one suggestion. Jon Warner who manufacters ecoBAK saw the way those CAD lights reactors tumble and commented that is NOT what you want for bio pellets. I would look into another reactor.

really? what are you using? I know whatever you're using its working!
 
Update 11/26/13

Just a small update. Since i dosed the Dr. Tim's a few days ago and used live sand in the setup I am seeing some exciting news in my test results. I really wasn't thinking I was going to see the cycle moving so fast but I guess it is. Here are the results from today's water tests. FYI I am going to Kauai on a scuba vaca and wont be adding any livestock until I get home (3 weeks). I also will be borrowing a skimmer from a buddy to use on the tank until I can make the transfer from my 150DD and drop the RLSS in the sump.

Ca: 500+
Alk: 8.4
Phos: .33 :sad:
ppt: 1.026
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: .25
Nitrate 25ppm
 

Attachments

  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 656
Updates 12/5/13

Just a small update. Made some progress on the canopy and installed the t5's. Tonight I was also able to install the Radion Pro's. Still need to mess with the settings on Ecosmart Live. I am pretty happy with the coverage of the Radions, I am only using 2 and they cover the entire tank. Going to Kauai on Saturday and will hopefully be done with the cycle and start transferring things over when I return home. Here are some pics of the recent progress. The last picture is with just the 2 Radions on.
 

Attachments

  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 626
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 629
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 637
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 651
Looking good! How's the cycle going?
 
Looking good! How's the cycle going?
Cycling is going... Still showing Nitrite at a little less than .25. Going on vaca tomorrow and hopefully when I get back it'll be ready to drop some fish in there.
 
I am using an Avast MR-5 with the bio pellet nozzle. I am happy with it but would switch to a reef octopus in a second.

Why the quick switch if given the option? I like to advocate for Avast, but also buying local and American, so 3 birds with one stone for me being right outside DC. Also, ironic, as I run Chinese LED's and pumps alongside my American made, but what'cha gonna' do?
 
Why the quick switch if given the option? I like to advocate for Avast, but also buying local and American, so 3 birds with one stone for me being right outside DC. Also, ironic, as I run Chinese LED's and pumps alongside my American made, but what'cha gonna' do?

Gonna stick with the Cadlights reactor for now, if i dont see they are working within 6 weeks I may think of a change but the tumble looks fine to me. Im running it pretty slow and there is no clumping of pellets. I am also dosing MB7. So i guess its sort of a waiting game right now, im pm'd Jon Warner the maker of Ecobak but I haven't gotten a response. So far so good in my opinion.
 
Following along. I believe this is the exact tank I want to do next.

Its a well built tank. Its tough to beat the price with the standard starphire front on the DD's. I cant really imagine going bigger, the depth and width of this tank make your options endless.
 
Very nice, i'll be tagging along
 
Quick updates 1/5/14

Just decided to pull the camera out after I added my Achilles Tang and Regal Yellow Belly. They are fresh out of QT hope they do well, fingers crossed.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00325.jpg
    DSC00325.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 587
  • DSC00331.jpg
    DSC00331.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 622
  • DSC00332.jpg
    DSC00332.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 572
  • DSC00341.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC00345.jpg
    DSC00345.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 585
Everything looks great!!
 
WOW looks clean, nice. well done and put together very well. Thank you for sharing with all of us!
 
Looking sweet bro!

Love this shot:
116303d1388953333-250g-dd-sps-reef-dsc00331.jpg
 
Coral Update shots 1/11/14

Enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00350.jpg
    DSC00350.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC00358.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC00363.jpg
    DSC00363.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 437
Coral Update shots 1/11/14

more!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00366.jpg
    DSC00366.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC00368.jpg
    DSC00368.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00375.jpg
    DSC00375.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC00374.jpg
    DSC00374.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 423
Coral Update shots 1/11/14

and more!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00373.jpg
    DSC00373.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC00376.jpg
    DSC00376.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC00378.jpg
    DSC00378.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC00381.jpg
    DSC00381.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 429

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new