250G DD SPS Reef

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
I am picking up my 250dd tomorrow and wondering how your single overflow is doing. I going to be running a dc12000 return with 2 1" sea swirls.

Are you running a herbie in your overflow?

Thanks
 
I am picking up my 250dd tomorrow and wondering how your single overflow is doing. I going to be running a dc12000 return with 2 1" sea swirls.

Are you running a herbie in your overflow?

Thanks

Not running aherbie setup but not a bad idea. I have needle valves on each overflow to control them, i have to tweak them every so often. I do feel like its worth the extra space, it really could almost be a peninsula. I am also running the 1" sea swirls which are great, my pump i feel is a bit oversized partially due to having just one overflow, i believe its the same as yours. I run it only on the 2 or 3rd setting any more is way too much.
 
update 3/26/14

Just a quick 1 pic update. Currently running 2 400w Radium and LED light bar with Blue, UV and red colors. I was having a major fish death problem so decided to go fallow which is why there is a trap still in the tank, 2 more fish to get out and then its hands off for a while. Oh and an obvious re-aquascape.

2014-03-25 22.42.06.jpg
 
Updates 5/27/14

Been a long time since my last update. Some may have seen on my thread on fish disease that broke out in my tank. I know I had ICH and possibly Marine Velvet. Safe to say I couldn't keep a fish alive for longer than a month. Therefore the reason for my absence has been so and am letting my tank sit fallow for 11-12 weeks. I am almost ready to add fish come mid June and will be QT'ing everything prior to reaching the DT. The only good thing that has come from this break has been some re-aquascaping and dipping all my sps and getting rid of the AEFW that somehow crept in. Anyway I thought it was about time for an update with some pics so here ya go. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC00507.jpg
    DSC00507.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00506.jpg
    DSC00506.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00509.jpg
    DSC00509.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC00510.jpg
    DSC00510.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 393
cont'd
 

Attachments

  • DSC00513.jpg
    DSC00513.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC00514.jpg
    DSC00514.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC00517.jpg
    DSC00517.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00519.jpg
    DSC00519.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC00523.jpg
    DSC00523.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 409
cont'd again
 

Attachments

  • DSC00531.jpg
    DSC00531.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC00530.jpg
    DSC00530.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC00526.jpg
    DSC00526.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC00524.jpg
    DSC00524.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 289
and again....
 

Attachments

  • DSC00523.jpg
    DSC00523.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC00532.jpg
    DSC00532.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC00535.jpg
    DSC00535.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 289
Very nice and growing in!
 
Looking good man! Im glad you got past the hurdles, and even more happy to see 400w Radiums over the tank. :bigsmile:

I love the scape too!
 
Looking good man! Im glad you got past the hurdles, and even more happy to see 400w Radiums over the tank. :bigsmile:

I love the scape too!
Thanks man, your tank inspired me to get back the to best lighting for SPS IMO.
 
Great update Vmac, re-aquascaping looks good and definitely easier without fish to worry about. Things are looking up and cannot wait to see some fish swimming around in there again.


Cheers, Todd
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new