25G Cube Reboot

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It sounds like you have a good plan and this should be a neat adventure for you! Another consideration is the #reefoctopus Varios-2 DC pump that is turned down to the desired flow. The dimensions are 5x3. It is not the least expensive option by any means but it will help you achieve the quiet you are hoping for. Good luck!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, yes that Varios-2 is what I would prefer but just can’t pull the trigger on that price!

I completely understand and don't disagree - you said that quiet was critical so I thought I would throw the Varios in the mix. I like your choices on the light, the 3 drain overflow, and the RFG. :)

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is a setback...

I'm going to check with the local glass shop on pricing to replace either one pane or all 4 sides. I'd kinda like to rebuild with cleaner looking black silicone anyway. Will also see if they can drill the holes!

Man! That stinks :( I wish I could say I've never done that.

I found that when drilling thinner glass using a diamond bit in a dremel by hand works better than the diamond hole saws. If you end up drilling the next pane you may want to give that a shot.

Whiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I think I know how I went wrong - just wasn't going straight down well enough. It had a momentary bind up and that's all it took. Also possible that the glass was scratched - pre-scored in essence. If I get replacement panes I'll have the glass shop drill the holes!

Haha, that's the best choice! Let them figure it out.

Whiskey

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back