OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe look into getting a neck cleaner for your skimmer. Looks like it will be a pain to remove and clean the collection cup.

Could you give some more details on the exhaust fan you had in one of the pictures.

Any specific reason you went with 2 return pumps vs 1 split?

Are you planning on covering the overflow from the side of the tank so you don't see all the gunk that builds up in the overflows?

Tank and build look awesome. Lots of attention to detail!! Did you ever decide on power heads for the tank?

Neck cleaner didn't fit, and I assume I would still have to remove that as well to clean so I feel I don't gain much from that. We shall see how the waste collector handles the bioload.

Exhaust fan is 100cfm to deal with heat and humidity in canopy.

I wanted backup on the pumps so I went with two vs one.

I'm getting custom overflow covers made up this week. Should help with salt creep and make the tank dead silent.

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the racking system goes, I plan on adding an actuator to lift and lower the lights. As it sits right now - the lights, rack, and hangers come out in under 3 minutes manually. So if I need to get to the bottom of the tank, which I did earlier today, it doesn't take much effort or time. But I would like an actuator to help with that process.

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I'm not 100% sure on the T5 lights yet either. It's plenty bright in the tank without them. But the PAR meter will be the true test tomorrow.

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's official I'm going the Vortex MP60QD route! Getting two of them with Apex module to control wave schedule.

Also ordered up an Apex DOS for dosing 2-Part.

Ordered a few more fish for the QT and hoping that 6 weeks from now those will be added to the 265! I want to get the bottom of the food chain flourishing in the tank before I add the inverts and fish.

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cycling 4 weeks and tank is coming along beautifully!!

Refugium is loaded up and breeding/growing pods.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back