OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock work is 95% done and glued. Plumbing is preliminary run BUT NOT glued. I still need to install 4 unions so I can disassemble and remove the plumbing completely and easily. I'm pretty satisfied with it so far. I will probably trim a few pipes and use some brackets to keep all the pipes level.

Thomasj616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!!!! I love the detail!
One question, how are you going to get the collection cup on and off for skimmer? It's looks pretty tight. I ask cause I had a similar problem when I built my 125 set up

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Question!! Yes - The lid does come off with ease right now (although it's tight at 1/2" clearance)...but I am adding a Reef Octopus 6" waste collector that should help with the skimmate collection. It's not 100% optimal, but when you don't have a fish room and everything must fit under the stand it makes some things a bit more challenging to design and maintain.

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wiring is coming along pretty nicely. Since I want to hide as many wires as possible I am taking my time to run wires behind the acrylic in the stand by drilling 3/4" holes and running the wires to where they are terminated. I still have a long way to go, but I happy with it so far. If I ever need to access those wires for any reason, I just unscrew the acrylic from the stand and grab whatever I need.

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Plumbing is complete!! 150g of saltwater is in!! Just waiting on the next 150g and we should be running by tomorrow night!!

aashley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. That's the nicest plumbing I think I have ever seen. Can't wait to see what you do with the fish/coral!

OP
OP
FrozenOcean

FrozenOcean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lighting rack started. The Orphek LED's are placed. I have to install the T5's on the rack yet.

The tank is officially starting to cycle! Hopefully the canopy will be installed next week so I can add the light rack in and give the tank some light.

reefjunkieken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have any ventilation under the stand? I had my 120g setup like that and ended up with a ton of condensation under my stand. Just something to think about.

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe look into getting a neck cleaner for your skimmer. Looks like it will be a pain to remove and clean the collection cup.

Could you give some more details on the exhaust fan you had in one of the pictures.

Any specific reason you went with 2 return pumps vs 1 split?

Are you planning on covering the overflow from the side of the tank so you don't see all the gunk that builds up in the overflows?

Tank and build look awesome. Lots of attention to detail!! Did you ever decide on power heads for the tank?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back