OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. It’s been several days since I’ve been here.

Regals be be shipping in the next week or two depending on the temps.

Finally got a new EB8 and got it all hooked up again. Going to send the old in for repair at fix reef. Not in warranty anymore so it’s cheaper than Neptune to fix.

My daughter and her boyfriend are staring to move back today. Bring both cars loaded up and leaving one here. Then drive back tonight and pack uhual for the final move on the 9th.
Been over to her house working on stuff pretty much every day. Found a couple more surprises that was not picked up in the inspection. Got a raccoon living in the crawl space. Found a guy that works very cheaply to do all the things needed that we can’t do ourselves. Just hope he does qualify work. One shower needs new valve in it and have to take out shower surround to replace it and then reinstall the shower walls. Shower is useless if we don’t do this. Also putting all new vapor barrier in crawl space, 8” of insulation in attic, venting both bathroom fans outside, fixing 2 holes in soffit, replacing plumbing under leaky kitchen sink and one bathroom. We paid $500 for all materials and he is charging $1000 to do all the work! Found him on Nextdoor, came with several great recommendations. I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be one of those “if it sounds too good to be true “ incidents! Other quotes were all $4 to 6k, soooo fingers crossed.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. It’s been several days since I’ve been here.

Regals be be shipping in the next week or two depending on the temps.

Finally got a new EB8 and got it all hooked up again. Going to send the old in for repair at fix reef. Not in warranty anymore so it’s cheaper than Neptune to fix.

My daughter and her boyfriend are staring to move back today. Bring both cars loaded up and leaving one here. Then drive back tonight and pack uhual for the final move on the 9th.
Been over to her house working on stuff pretty much every day. Found a couple more surprises that was not picked up in the inspection. Got a raccoon living in the crawl space. Found a guy that works very cheaply to do all the things needed that we can’t do ourselves. Just hope he does qualify work. One shower needs new valve in it and have to take out shower surround to replace it and then reinstall the shower walls. Shower is useless if we don’t do this. Also putting all new vapor barrier in crawl space, 8” of insulation in attic, venting both bathroom fans outside, fixing 2 holes in soffit, replacing plumbing under leaky kitchen sink and one bathroom. We paid $500 for all materials and he is charging $1000 to do all the work! Found him on Nextdoor, came with several great recommendations. I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be one of those “if it sounds too good to be true “ incidents! Other quotes were all $4 to 6k, soooo fingers crossed.
Good juju heading your way. And hugs too.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever see a close up of the bottom of a long spine black urchin?
IMG_5731.jpeg

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the apex EB 8 being down for a while and working at my daughter’s house my tank maintenance has suffered. Getting a lot hair algae do today I started manually pulling it and started AWC so that’s a start. Plan is to keep up on water changes now and manually pulling a little bit of algae every day to get the tank back to where it should be. Will test tomorrow and see where I’m at.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the angels made it into the main tank?
Not yet. The regals may or may not ship this week. They said they have some dates blocked off due to staff being away. Once they are in the tank I will give them 2 to 3 weeks to get settled before adding the blue faced and scribbled pairs. The regals are a more shy fish so they need to be established before the other angels go in.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the pair doing ok? I know the one was so much smaller then the other one. At least I think that's what I remember.
They are doing great together. Yes, the female is very tiny compared to the male. Their light is not on yet so I’ll take some pictures later. The scribbled angels seem to be a slow grower compared to the blue faced. The blue faced are almost the same size now. But then there wasn’t as big of a size difference between them as the scribbled.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Insert big sigh… I spoke too soon. Regals won’t be shipping for a while now. Just got this email:
IMG_5815.jpeg

@Jay Hemdal can you please take a look and give me your opinion.
IMG_5814.jpeg

I don't see any inflammation/redness, so I think they are probably correct that these are just disturbed scales.

Jay

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back